Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 30 March 2020

Making the most of what we've got.

Monday 30th March 2020
A satisfied life is better than a successful life.  because our success is measured by others, but satisfaction is measured by our own soul, mind and heart.


Another pound off for me, I'm 12st 12lb now, it's gone up and down a lot already this year, started the year at 13st 1.5lb, then it went up 13st 4lb after my birthday and now it appears I'm handing lockdown and working from home quite well because I've lost 2lb since it started, so long may that continue, the weight loss, not the lockdown.

Once I'd weighed myself, this was the conversation I had with mom, that started our day!😃

Mom shouts to me in the kitchen, "Have you got our Bev's phone number?"
Me "I am Bev mom, but what were you going to say, if you called me?"
Mom "I was gonna ask you to come take me home but we are home aren't we".
Me "yeah we are, I'm just gonna go get your bag from upstairs"
Mom "oh good, its heavy though, be careful'
Me "why's it heavy, you been pinching stuff cos you thought you were somewhere else!"
Mom "Yeah, I love how you know me so well".

We're just getting on with doing what we do in this house and trying to smile and laugh whenever we possibly can. Wonder what she pinched from herself.

She's been much better having me around all the time, only had a few wobblies and the tablets the dementia doctor prescribed last week seem to have helped with her sleep too I think, so this all helps to keep my stress levels lower.  She is missing seeing my sister though, she's just gone past and waved at her through the window, it's really lifted her mood and made her smile.  I think when all this is over, we're all going to appreciate our loved ones more for sure.  I never used to be a hugger but I hug mom and give her a cuddle at any opportunity.  I ruffle her hair too, but she tells me off for that, say's 'don't mess my hair up you, I've just brushed it', that makes me chuckle cos she's a scruff like me.

I tried to spend all day giving mom my attention yesterday, my phone pinged way too many times with messages that have been forwarded from elsewhere in the end I put a post on my timeline asking people to stop sending them, it's lovely and all that having people think about me and care but I'd rather they post those things on their own timelines, tag folk if you feel the need.  There's nothing nicer than getting a message personal to you and words that have been written by that person, not copied and pasted.  I had one yesterday saying, 'have left a bag of crisps hanging on your door knob for your mom', how thoughtful was that, mom loves her crisps and I can't keep up with her demand at the moment lol, although I did get her to eat scrambled eggs on toast yesterday, we both had them  actually all through of us, Alfie loves scrambled eggs.  After that I just picked at stuff, never did cook that liver, so I'm going to cook it this morning and get the dinner ready for an early lunch.  I'm not going to eat big meals if I'm not hungry and I'm not hungry because I'm inactive.

Changed my mind about the different colour blanket, I sorted the colours and couldn't handle the idea of them all being together so instead I've wanted to use the green baby wool I'd bought for ages and I'm thinking green reminds me of nature and being outside so I started doing a pattern I'd fancied having a go at for a long time, the African flower 

I'm loving them, just thinking any of my friends reading this who have got as far as a granny square, you could do this, especially if you check out Bella Coco's video to show you how.

I managed a natter with my bestie yesterday, she's still working as a post, please, please, please don't order unnecessary stuff at this time, they've got enough to be doing and they're as scared as anyone being out there and having to interact at work!  It was so good to talk and have a natter though, texting and messaging is great but hearing a voice is the next best thing to being in each others company.

Well I have to get some work done today, my dog wants a walk and this is no different to any other Monday for me as I wouldn't be going anywhere anyway.  I did forget to put the clocks forward until my other bestie mentioned it at lunchtime the clocks in the living room have to be changed manually, not that I'm looking at clocks much unless it's a virtual workshop day, which is tomorrow.

Here's to making the most of what we've got, appreciating those we love and care for and making it as great a day as we can.

luv ya, mwah

Love me xx


No comments: