Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 31 March 2020

It's okay to worry

Tuesday 31st March 2020
Happiness keeps you sweet.  Trilas keep you strong.  Sorrow keeps you human.  Failure keeps you humble.  And courage keeps you going. 




Don't Stress - Don't Worry - Don't think about it.

Easier said than done isn't it, I know so many of my members are stressing out about things with all that's going on, I've heard them talk about their worries in the virtual workshops and I've seen them post things on Facebook.  People are worrying about their health and the health of people they care about.  Of course there's financial worries at a time when so many aren't able to go to work, and when you can't sleep at stupid o'clock in the middle of the night these worries are always there to keep you company and occupy your mind.   Then stress joins you in bed and decides a threesome would be a good idea so asks anxiety to come join in too!   Then we lie there with these thoughts going round and round, thinking the same thing over and over and you've got no chance of getting back to sleep.  

When that happens I heard a good suggestion on Saturday we could use, I've done it before but for ideas not concerns, I've just never named it.  The Worry List!  yeah have a piece of paper and a pen at the side of your bed or you can do this in the daytime, time isn't important, getting the stuff out of your head is.  The Worry List is getting all that stuff out of your head, all that stuff that's stressing you out, causing you to feel anxious, yeah, it can even be done when you're not feeling stressed, that gives you a comparison of how differently you feel when you're feeling out of control.

Just write down what you're worrying about, then ask yourself questions like, is it in your control, is it your responsibility, what can you do about it if anything to help solve this or find a solution.  Just writing down your worries without asking the questions will help.  

So an example could be.

I wake in the night hear mom coughing and I worry she will get this awful virus and die.
Is it in my control - partly!  
Is it my responsibility - yeah I guess it is really.  
What can I do about it?  Well I can continue to stick to the stay home - stay safe - protect the NHS rules.  I'm only going out to walk the dog, making sure I wash my hands when I get back.  I can't do no more.   

It works, having just typed that, it's made me feel better, made me realise I'm doing all I can in this situation.  I'm not saying I won't still worry when I walk back in the door that I've bought it with me, because some muppet walked past me too closely when I was out but I do think it's good to get stuff out of your head and acknowledge what you're feeling.  You could also then talk about the things on your worry list with others, a proper shared and all that.  I definitely witnessed how talking about stuff helps in our virtual workshops last week.  
The cycle of anxiety, stress and depression can be truly overwhelming at times. Writing a worry list is something that you can do that feels productive, instead of letting it all consume you, find solutions, acknowledge where there isn't one, and ask for help, we all need some at times.
Now I'm off to get ready for a busy day, I've got two virtual workshops today, links available in the Connect groups on the WW app, really look forward to catching up with my Tuesday crew. 
My Virtual Workshops this week are; 

Tuesday 8.30am  (link in Wolverhampton connect group)
Tuesday 5.30pm (supporting Elle on this one) (link in Wolverhampton connect group)
Wednesday 5.30pm (link in Wolverhampton connect group)
Thursday 8.30am & 5.30pm  (link in Dudley & Walsall connect group)
Saturday 9.45am (link in Wolverhampton connect group)

Here's to noticing the positives today, 
Lu you, mwah
Love me 

No comments: