Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Don't stand so close to me!

Tuesday 24th March 2020
The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home. 

Well yesterday when I was out walking Alfie, I was still stumped to see people walking and/or standing shoulder to shoulder, even those outside the chemist, who's obviously said on 1 in shop at a time, were stood a foot apart outside!  I passed a local lady in her electronic wheelchair who's obviously on the 'vulnerable' list and I asked should you be out, her reply "probably not but I'll be okay", I'm afraid my response wasn't as polite, we all need to start doing as we're told.  DEEP SIGH!

Mom watched all the morning tv stuff yesterday and even she started ranting, so I recorded a bit lol; https://www.facebook.com/bevww/videos/10157700901270862/  She was over the moon when I read all the comments on it, her words were, 'That's made my day, have I gone global then?"  Love her I do.  We then spend a few hours watching YouTube videos on the tele and singing along to everyone from Kenny Rogers to Tom Jones, I enjoyed her why she lasted, I'm used to the switch being flicked and her mood changing now, I know it's the dementia causing it.   If you haven't already add me as a Facebook Friend (Beverley Longsden)


Just in case you didn't see the Boris announcement last night, these are the new guidelines; 
The government guidance says people should only leave home for one of four reasons:
  • Shopping for basic necessities such as food and medicine. Shopping trips should be as infrequent as possible
  • One form of exercise a day such as a run, walk, or cycle. This should be done alone or only with people you live with 
  • Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person. This includes moving children under the age of 18 between their parents' homes, where applicable. Key workers or those with children identified as vulnerable can continue to take their children to school
  • Travelling to and from work, but only where work absolutely cannot be done from home
Even when following the above guidance, people should minimise the amount of time spent out of their homes and should keep two metres (6ft) away from people they do not live with.
The government is also stopping all social events, including weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies - but funerals will be allowed.
My Alfie ain't gonna be pleased!  But if this is the only way to slow this all down, then this is what we must do. I for one do not want to contribute to overloading our NHS and help this disease spread!  
What can you do?  You can join me for my virtual workshops via Connect on the WW app, you can attend as many as you want too.  I'll be on at 8.30am this morning, here are all the ones I'll be doing this week; 
My Virtual Workshops this week are; 

Tuesday 8.30am  (link in Wolverhampton connect group)
Tuesday 5.30pm (I'm supporting Elle on this one) (link in Wolverhampton connect group)

Wednesday 5.30pm (link in Wolverhampton connect group)

Thursday 8.30am & 5.30pm  (link in Dudley & Walsall connect group)

Saturday 9.45am (link in Wolverhampton connect group)
What was your day like yesterday?  I used my day to do a bit more cleaning, check me out, I did a deep clean of the upstairs bathroom, then I sorted and cleaned my food cupboard, doesn't it look tidy. 
I've got plenty of the basics so I can manage a good few weeks with what's in there and my freezer, bread will be the only thing I'm likely to need but I even have some of that in the freezer for moms toast.   I'm going to find things to do with that quinoa, what I did the other day was edible but it wasn't amazing, so I need to get looking because I want to use it and not waste it.
OH GUESS WHAT!  I know I said I wasn't going to and I went two whole weeks, but I've stepped on the scales and I've only gone and lost a pound over the last 2 weeks.  I'm really pleased with that because it shows I've not gone off the rails with all that's going on and not going out to work isn't affecting the scales either. 
This week's virtual workshop is all about routine and I'm really looking forward to those, I might even jump on one as a member myself, this is my chance to go to those coaches workshops who I've always admired and wondered what they'd be like :).  I also love that Elle and I are on a couple of workshops together because we work really well together and I've known her forever.  
I am missing my members, faces keep springing into my head who I haven't heard from since this happened and I do hope they sign into the virtual workshops this week, I'll be trying to get in touch with some throughout the week, I'm trying to do what I can, only so many hours in the day.  
Okay today I will mostly be working but I also think I'm going to experiment with that Quinoa stuff again, I will make it enjoyable and not just edible!  I'm thinking some kind of muffins using those WW cake cases I bought, I'd be able to snack on them and maybe even get mom to eat a couple, something healthier than her crisps and biscuits of choice. 
Anyways, time to get ready for work, I'm on at 8.30 and I need to walk Alfie mmm, or maybe I'll try and get him to hold off till later so he doesn't notice we're not going out 3 times like we have been doing whilst I've been home.  
Here's to a great day!  Catch ya tomorrow.  
Be Careful, Be Kind, Stay In and Wash Your Hands.  

Luv you, mwah 

Love me xx


No comments: