Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 28 September 2019

Day 28 #SelfCareSeptember

Saturday 28th September 2019
Without rain nothing grows, learn to embrace the storms of your life. 


That rains wet and come from nowhere doesn't it the last few days, Alfie refused to go for a walk yesterday at all, so I hardly got any steps on my fit bit and didn't earn any FitPoints - boo, on a positive I did stay on track and have a very, very early night so I'm all fresh and ready for my morning at work with my wonderful members.

I had some tomatoes on the brink of no return so I roasted them in the oven with salt / pepper and some basil leaves that were dying too and I enjoyed them on two crusts, really tasty.

I snacked on nibbly stuff at tea time, packet of WW fava beans and a bit of ham, wasn't hungry just peckish.  I did resist the last packet of Walkers Cheese and Onion though, gave them to mom and I'll be buying Aldi's for her from now on because she likes them and I don't so hopefully that will save me from the dreaded multipack quandary.

I fancy making a nice stew this weekend, just leave it cooking on low for a couple of hours, nom nom, but today I'm thinking WW spaghetti on toast, nice simple food.  I need to go shopping in I'm to make any stew as I've not got carrots or beef, I want to be able to have a good look around Aldi so need to go when I have time not to rush.

What can be today's self care task, mmm to spend time with loved ones is a nice simple one that we can all do to some extent.  I had a chat with my bestie on the phone yesterday, it was only a short one (neither of us have much of a life to talk about anymore!) but it was lovely that she'd bothered to call and to hear her voice.  I want to spend some quality time with mom too whilst she's good, she sleeps a lot in the day but just being there when she wakes up is enough, she wakes up confused so that must be awful if she's in an empty house.  I'm getting better at hearing her move about or talk in the night and managing to go back to sleep once I know she's okay and back in bed, I guess it's like having a baby, you get your sleep where you can.

And remember you should be one of those 'loved ones' so if you feel like some time out on your own, that's covered by today's task, maybe go do something on your own.  I had a wonderful massage yesterday, extra half hour because I can't have one next week, my body was truly grateful and Karen worked her magic as she always does hence I was in bed before 8pm!

Right let's enjoy this last weekend in September, stay healthy too!

Mwah, luv ya


Love me

No comments: