Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 30 September 2019

Last Day #SelfCareSeptember

Monday 30th September 2019
Today be like your coffee - strong! 


Tomorrow is World Vegetarian day and eating healthy is of course part of the self-care routine so I thought you could either do meat free Monday today or plan to have Veggie Tuesday, all those lovely veggies will do you the world of good and if you're a WW member, they've sent out an email full of recipes for you to try.  Actually on having a google it turns out it's also International Veggie week, so you can do it any day this week.  Maybe you'll try going vegetarian for the week and see how you like it (I'm not doing that, I've done the vegan thing, I like my food too much these days) If you can't manage an entire meat-free day, just include more of them.  I can't today because I've got a beef stew ready for eating, I cooked it yesterday and it looks to die for.

I've just found this recipe on WW US Facebook page, these would taste good I reckon, plus they're Zero Smart Points! 

Corn Fritters 
Total Time
36 min
Prep
12 min
Cook
24 min
Serves
6
These fritters are also a great summer side dish. 







Add some heat by tossing in a chopped jalapeno.

3 large eggs, separated 

4 medium corn, kernels removed with a knife (You can use frozen corn in this recipe if you prefer. Just make sure it’s thawed.)

1 medium sweet red pepper, diced the size of corn kernels
 cup Diced spring onions (roughly 50g) 
salt & black pepper 
2 tbsp all-purpose flour (I don't think it would matter if you use plain or self raising here) 
2 sprays butter flavoured cooking spray

In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not glossy; set aside.

In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add corn, red pepper, spring onions, salt, black pepper and flour; thoroughly combine and then fold in egg whites.

Coat skillet with cooking spray and warm over high heat; when skillet is hot, reduce heat to medium. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter onto skillet to make each fritter. (Do not press fritters down with your spatula since they are meant to be fluffy.) Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes; carefully flip and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove cooked fritters to a serving plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat until all batter is used and then serve immediately. Yields about 4 fritters per serving.


They do sound good don't they, but back to me, I need to share that I've actually finished the weekend on track, I even have a few weeklies left over - that hasn't happened in a very, very long time!  I enjoyed a lovely roast pork dinner yesterday, went a little crazy with the gravy but I left some on the plate because I knew it was too much and I'm trying really hard to be aware of portions and my appetite.  I've experience a rubbly tummy a few times through the fact it's got empty, it's good to remind myself I won't die or starve to death if I eat less food, that I will survive without 3 big meals a day.  

I've really enjoyed thinking about my self care this month, it won't end just because the month's ending, I just won't be blogging about it every day, so I hope you'll also continue to think about your own self care needs.  I'm thinking #OptimumOctober or maybe #OptimisticOctober, any suggestions?   

Today though, I can enjoy spending Monday with Mom because tomorrow is also ​International Day of Older Persons 2019 but I'll be at work most of tomorrow, to be honest every day is Older persons day in my house but it's good to be reminded of how important they are and how blessed we are to have them in our world.  In America today is National Love People Day 2019, so today let's be loving people to every one we come in contact with, be especially nice to that person you struggle to like, make the effort.  Let's make today Make Nice Monday!  

I'll leave you with that thought, I'm going to hope that Alfie doesn't pay me as much attention as he did yesterday, he would not let me get on with my crochet, he was climbing all over me, as if he'd never met me before, still not quite sure what was going on with him, but he's slept on the landing all night, he's still there, nothing wrong with his appetite, let's just say he enjoyed his pork dinner!

Here's to Make Nice Monday or Mwah Monday ;) 

Mwah, 

Luv ya 



Love me x 

No comments: