Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 12 September 2019

Day 12 #SelfCareSeptember

Thursday 12th September 2019
Time is a currency you can only spend once.


Yesterday just flew by for me, normally my paperwork doesn't take me too long but my iPads wouldn't sync so I had to wait for head office to open so I could call someone, then I got distracted by something else that did need doing, so that's at least a good thing and before I knew it I was late for my workshop and my weigh in, I did make it there though, if not a little late and I was so glad I bothered because I lost 2.5lb of the gain I took the week before, so I'm pulling it back, current weight,  12st 10.5lb, start weight on May 1st was 13st 4.5lb, total weight loss to date 8lb, I know it's not loads but it's good enough for me, I haven't stuck to plan for this long in a very long time, not with attending workshops as well, I'm quite pleased with myself.   Even when I have other things I could or should be doing, that time is precious and important to me.

Even though I was crazy busy, I still made time to cook and again I posted it on Facebook live to show how easy this cooking lark is, you'll find it here,  https://www.facebook.com/WWBev/videos/1422330801255648/  I made Coq au Vin and Breakfast muffins.  I forgot to take a photo of the meal before I ate it but here's a screen shot 




















I didn't get home until gone 8 but by half past this was on the table,  a completely zero meal and absolutely delicious! 


Okay so today's thoughts for self care and task, 

Given the choice, would you rather save time or money?

Most people when asked this question think money, but you can save more money, time is precious.  How you spend your time is much more important than how you spend your money. Money mistakes can often be corrected, but when you lose time, it’s gone forever.

Your priorities determine how you spend your time, and time is precious.  Think about your priorities, have a think back to yesterday and how you wasted some precious minutes, here are some ways we waste time during our day; 

  • not planning our meals - it takes time and energy choosing what to eat and making sure we have the ingredients.
  • Watching tv - sometimes do you watch tv because you can't think of anything else to do or be bothered to do. 
  • Mindlessly scrolling on social media.
  • Not having an actual to do list and relying on our memory.
  • No planning in advance.  Missing appointments!
  • Procrastinating. Don't put stuff off to another day - get it done. Or maybe you get distracted by other things that 'need' doing. 
  • Not being organised!  Or having too much on! Are you running round like a headless chicken?
  • Too much clutter, have you just got too much stuff so it takes you ages to find something to wear or your keys etc. 
  • Not doing an online shop, it does save time, especially once you have your favourites set up.

Your task today is to start your shopping list, make it an ongoing shopping list, then you won't forget what you need or waste time trying to remember, or even have to go back to the shops again.  As soon as you use something in your cupboard add it to your list.   I've really enjoyed cooking new things this week, I'm not suggesting you cook 3 new things, but 1 a week, that's doable and it'll give you new recipes to make your meals interesting, will I cook Coq au vin again, nah, I just don't like cooking with red wine, it's meant to be drunk, I don't like the taste of dishes cooked with it.  The Nepalese curry is most likely to be made again though, that was tasty and easy, two things I like a lot.  

Anyway talking about saving time, I need to get on with my day, moms just woke up.  Before I go though, if you're still not convinced about the value of time and how precious it really is, the following statements may help you put time in perspective:
To know the value of one year… Ask the student who failed the final exam.
To know the value of one month… Ask the mother of a premature baby.
To know the value of one week… Ask the editor of a weekly newsmagazine.
To know the value of one day… Ask the wage earner who has six children.
To know the value of one hour… Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To know the value of one minute… Ask the person who missed the plane.
To know the value of one second… Ask the person who survived the accident.
To know the value of one millisecond… Ask the Olympic silver medalist.

Enjoy your day, Mwah, luv ya 


Love me 

No comments: