Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 3 September 2019

Day 3 #SelfCareSeptember

Tuesday 3rd September 2019
Your life isn't always yours if you always care what someone else thinks


Did you do yesterdays task?  Or did stuff get in the way?

If I asked you, 'do you look after yourself? or 'do you take care of yourself?, would you automatically say YES!  Okay, grab your book and at the top of a page write,

In what ways do I take care and look after myself?

Ha, now that questions not so easy is it, how many different ways can you write down, how long will your list be?  That's today's task, to really look at what you do to take care of you, because guess what YOU'RE IMPORTANT TOO!

Self care is just a fancy way of saying taking care of ourselves, so why do so many of us not bother with self care or let it slide, why do we fail with our self care routines?  Busy lives, a stressful world, too much work, having to work long hours to earn enough money to pay the bills, taking care of others, all these things can mean you end up bottom of the list don't you!

Self care is anything we do intentionally in order to take care of our health - mental, emotional and physical.  Sounds logical and simple doesn't it, especially as it leads to us being in a better place, our mood improving, stress being lowered.  It shouldn't be something we force ourselves to do or that we don't enjoy doing.   (although some stuff we don't have to enjoy but it can be good to do such as cleaning the toilet, no run but essential, I've never heard anyone say ooo I love cleaning my teeth, it's 2 minutes twice a day that's definitely worthwhile but even I'm guilty of not brushing at night, now I've got to have a filling after my trip to the dentist yesterday, I will make sure I do it twice a day and the flossing thing which I really don't like but if it's going to help stop future fillings I'll suck it up and do it).

I'm trying to decide if just asking you to do that list stating how you take care of yourself is enough for today?  I feel the need to start with getting into promoting the importance of a nutritious, healthy diet too as I know I need to get back to that too.  My staycation is well and truly over and I know I've gained a good few pounds, so today I will be back to 100% tracking, you can do that too if you aren't already.  In addition to your list, today make sure you drink plenty and I don't mean alcohol or caffeine, I'm talking water. I'm not going to say how much, just if you know you need to increase what you've been having, start there, drink an extra glass.

Hopefully as we increase our fluid intake, we'll increase our self-care list over the coming month by adding other things as we realise how important we are.

Here's to a very, great day, I'm looking forward to getting back to my members in their workshops, most kids are back at school this week so no excuse to stay away!

Luv ya, mwah

Love me xx


No comments: