Sometimes the best things in life take time.
Woo Hoo, not only did I finish on track last night, I rolled over 2SP to today, yes I did, I didn't have that extra glass of wine, I was relaxed enjoying my crochet, mom went to bed at 8 but I wasn't tired so instead I decided to listen to the end of my audio book whilst crocheting and I didn't snack or drink, I don't recall the last time that happened, so I am very, very pleased with myself now!
The weather's not looking promising so unsure as to whether we'll get our Sunday walk again this morning, there's not much pleasure driving somewhere to walk in the rain and drive back soaked through, I'll still have to walk Alfie at some point so at least I'll get some fresh air. Whatever I end up doing with my day, I'll relax and enjoy Sunday as a day off, housework can wait as always.
This months been all about Self care and yesterday my bestie took some time out to teach me about skin care, I've now got everything I need to attempt to take care of my skin which did you know is the largest organ of the body, this is my next step in taking care of me, I may not be able to get out and about and travel like I used to but I can make myself feel good in other ways and this will be one of them.
Have you been thinking about your personal self-care routines over this last month, hopefully you've done some of the suggested ideas, Sunday is a great day for thinking and doing Self Care stuff, there are lots of different things, here's some suggestions of the different areas of self care there are;
1) Physical self-care, it's important to take care of our bodies, moving doesn't have to be a crazy workout, it should be something you enjoy as opposed to an obligation, eating healthy doesn't have to be a chore, I enjoy my walks and I love to eat good food, but I don't eat much fruit as it's not something I particularly enjoy, veggies on the other hand I love. Find your own ways for your physical self care. (The WW app not only has great healthy recipes but also some Aaptiv podcasts to help you get moving)
2. emotional self-care is about getting in tune with your emotions. Check in with yourself and become more mindful of your triggers and thinking patterns. Start to find ways to work through them, rather than bottling it all up. You could try journalling, meditation, a bit of mindfulness (the WW app has some headspace you could try). You could also get creative through painting, colouring, writing, cooking, anything that works, my crochet is great for my emotional health.
3. Spiritual self-care, this doesn't have to relate to religion, I'm not religious but if you are great. You nourish your soul when you practice spiritual self-care. Striving for inner peace, finding your purpose and/or meaning in life. Nature is a great place to start, or you can try meditation, do good deeds, pray, whatever works for you.
5. Social self-care because by nature humans are social beings. Of course it depends if you're an introvert or extrovert as our levels of comfort differ in social situations. I'm not the most sociable of people but connection is still very important to me, as it is to us all. This is probably the easiest one to do, however you do need to make time to spend time with loved ones. You could get in touch with an old friend you haven't seen in a while. Maybe strike up a conversation with someone you see regularly but don't really talk to, if you go to a WW workshop, talk to someone different, make a new friend, you already have weight loss in common.
6. Sensory self-care, this helps you nourish your sense, sight, smell, touch, sound, which is an effective way of bringing your mind to the present moment and helping you lower your stress levels. An easy one this morning is to go stand in the rain ;) or you could burn some of your favourite candles, I have my Scentsy diffuser going, my house smells gorgeous, I think I might cook a nice dinner too, get the house full of foodie smells, maybe make that stew I fancy or cook a roast - or do both as I'm not going for a walk! Listen to some music at the same time, that's gonna help too.
Which of those do you fancy taking care of today? I'll let you decide, meanwhile, I'm off to continue my quest to find my next Crochet project, mwah