Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 4 September 2014

You matter too....



4th September 2014
Your toughest opponent is the one inside your head.


Normally the first thing I do when I get out of bed is write my blog, it’s my quiet time, however this morning I’ve already been downstairs, made me a cuppa and chopped some veggies for the slow cooker to ensure I have a meal later to keep me on track.  I’ve thrown in 4 chicken breasts I took out of the freezer yesterday afternoon, red pepper, green beans (lady gave me from her garden), spring onions, ½ carrot (all I had left), courgette, stick celery and I’m adding a maggi bag mix, won’t put it in the bag just straight into the slow cooker and see what happens!

Yesterday on facebook I posted “Finish the sentence, Since joining Weight Watchers I.......” and I received some great responses, I have to admit though the ones that always hit me hard and make me proud are ones like this;

“Learnt it’s ok to be me, learnt how to be truly happy with my physical appearance, realised I’m important too and I’m not just a mom

“Am happy to be me”
“Feel more positive.

“Realised it's not just about losing weight it's about changing your whole attitude towards food

Because it is great to lose weight, the benefits are numerous, they go beyond physical appearance and body associated health reasons, however for me to think I had an effect on the way a woman (or a man) feels about themselves and self confidence is just incredible.  So many people in this world think they aren’t ‘good enough’ when they are just perfect as they are.  Losing weight doesn’t make you a better person; your behaviour makes you a good person not the number on the scales.  You don’t need to lose weight to be ‘good enough’ you already are, you’re whatever you want to be.  Working on being comfortable in your own skin is one of the most amazing and absolutely priceless things you can do for yourself! Work on it every day, and if you really want it, you can make it happen both physically and emotionally.

I’m a big believer by working on your self esteem and being happy with the YOU that you truly are is one of the best things you can do on your weight loss journey, I truly do.  Because when you love something you take care of it, I’ve come across a few very passionate mothers this week as we’ve talked about “me time” and putting yourself first, they will NEVER put themselves ahead of their children, can you imagine how amazing they would be if they felt that passionately about themselves and their own needs.  What an incredible example they would be setting, for their children to look up to and think to themselves “oh it’s ok to put me first sometimes because I’m important too, my needs do matter, if my mom does it then that must be right”.  How differently would the world be if girls were bought up believing they are as important as everyone else and unlike their moms they don’t have to come a sorry second or third or last on the list of priorities!

Just a thought…..

I watched my mom do EVERYTHING for EVERYONE and guess what I’ve grown up that way too, and yes it’s lovely to be helpful and kind but not to your own detriment, not if it means you’re neglecting yourself.  I don’t think it’s any coincidence that my mom was 18 stone when we were kids and now she’s a healthy weight for her height, I believe that’s because when we were kids she didn’t take care of herself at all, it was all about her kids and her husband and she never got a look in, there was no self-care going on at all, her care for others was relentless and her body paid the price and guess what, despite being a healthy weight for her height now her bodies still paying the price because the damage was done.

So no it isn’t selfish to put your needs on a level with others, to prioritise yourself in the list of to do’s, its self-care, it’s essential.  You’re BeYOUtiful and the sooner you realise that and learn to love the skin you’re in, the better your life will be, the worlds a much better place when you like the person you spend ALL your time with!

Have a great day, appreciate your amazingness like others do.  If you’re off to work, go thinking to yourself, ‘this company is damn lucky to have me because I’m a great employee!’  If you’re staying at home looking after your family think to yourself ‘this family are damn lucky to have me because I’m a great mom (or dad)’.  Whatever you’re doing, wherever you’re going remember the world is lucky to have you in it because you are BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: