Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 15 September 2014

100 days! NO WAY.....



15th September 2014
The greatest challenge in life is discovering who you are, the second greatest challenge is being happy with what you find!


Had a great day yesterday, its good when going to work is enjoyable, especially when it’s a Sunday and you’ve already worked a 50+ hour week!  But yes we had a great meeting, it started with one leader standing up and starting to walk off, my manager seemed taken aback and asked where she was going.  It turned out she was going to close the curtains because at the gym across the road was a chap mooning!  She could’ve told us before she closed the curtains then we could have all had a giggle ;)! 

That took up most of my day and when I got home we chilled in the garden for an hour then came in so I could make dinner, mom filled me in on her day and then we did what we usually do and relaxed in front of the TV.

Well the scales say I haven’t lost any weight this week, I haven’t gained any either, of course I wanted a loss but I’m not gutted or surprised that I haven’t got one.  I’ve not been well this week for a start that has to have an effect on how the body functions, so I’m not going to be disappointed, I’m going to carry on eating healthy and tracking in my journal.  The good news is I’m starting week four of my journal, it’s been a long time since I’ve made it that far into one and I know I’m going to get all the way to week twelve and I don’t intend on gaining any weight at all!  I don’t care how slow my weight comes off, it will come off!

On a positive, I’ve proved to myself I can stay on track for a complete week, that was what I wanted to do, I’ve been playing at weight loss this year, not really doing it, starting Monday with the best of intentions knowing deep down in my heart that by Friday I’d have forgotten that I actually want to lose weight and going off track.  This week I’m going to flex, mainly focusing on Filling & Healthy foods because Friday I need those weekly ProPoints for lunch with my besties, I’ll be driving so I’ll be on the diet cokes, that’ll help and where we are going doesn’t serve huge portions which is also a bonus, delicious food though at the Boat http://www.oddfellowsintheboat.com/, although their head chef has left so hopefully the new one is as good and hasn’t changed things too much. 

I was so good yesterday taking my own lunch to the meeting, made my own sandwich filling with chicken and sweetcorn on thins, they were delicious too.  One thing I have eaten a lot of this week is bread products, thins, wraps etc, they’re convenient and I do have a tendency to have one too many slices of low calorie bread with my stew so that’s maybe something I need to get under control, did I really need 4 slices of bread with my bowl of beef stew!  I think not, looking back through the week, I’ve had a bread product with two meals each day, I wouldn’t normally do that, having said that as the weeks gone on, my appetite has calmed down so I will see a weight loss next Monday, I’m sure of it. 

We’re half way through Stick to it September, it’s ten past six on a Monday morning, still dark outside but I feel 100% better than I did this time last week when I had my lurgy, I feel like I’m in a ‘doing’ mood today, going to get lots done today, was motivated at my area meeting yesterday and I’m in the mood to be productive.  Going to make me a ‘to do’ list in a minute and get on with it all! 

It’s amazing how good you can feel when you surround yourself with as much positivity as possible, I’m even tempted to pop along to a Weight Watcher meeting today to soak up some of that “together is better” feeling as a member rather than a leader.  

In the words of Lydna Field “Being positive does not mean saying that things are fine when they are not.  Being positive means being in touch with your emotions and expressing them appropriately.  Life does not always run smoothly and acceptance of this is at the very heart of positivity.”

I don’t do dwelling, nor do I focus on the negative in a situation if I can help it, don’t get me wrong I’m not a happy, clappy kind of person but I don’t’ see the point in getting down and miserable about stuff if you don’t have too.  I’ve noticed something on Facebook recently and it is that some people seem to focus on negative or sad stuff and I don’t think they even realise they’re doing it, if you’re already a little low, then reading all the sad, bad news out there isn’t going to lift your spirits.  I don’t read newspapers for that very reason, yes I know nasty things go on out there but I don’t need to read all the upsetting, depressing details thank you.

Anyway I’m rambling now and I have a ‘to do’ list to write!

Here’s to a fab week, another 14 weigh-ins for me before Christmas, exactly 100 days left Christmas day – oh my days, sorry for sharing that information with you!  107 days till we start a new year! 

I’m going ;) have a BeYOUtiful day, full of healthy choices and happy thoughts. xx

No comments: