Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 31 July 2014

you can't beat "THE SMILE"



31st July 2014
What makes you different, makes you BeYOUtiful. Embrace your individuality. 

YAY its Thursday, which for me means Bloxwich day, busy but brilliant, and we’ve already had a fantastic week in meetings already, 271lb lost so far and last night the boys were doing it for the dudes, both Dave and Roy received their 5% which is great, yesterday morning Pat achieved her goal, it’s always great to be a part of their journey.  There’s always one thing that makes me feel better than anything that ever happens in a meeting and that “THE SMILE”, huh you might think, what smile, well I’ll tell ya.  “THE SMILE” is the one that happens the week after the “ROCK BOTTOM” the week before where that member is really unhappy and sometimes there’s tears, the feel desperate about wanting/needing to lose weight and all I want to do is hug them because I so know how that person is feeling as I’ve been there myself.  Sometimes it’s been made worse by someone’s comments towards them which have made them feel even worse than they already did, and they already felt pretty rubbish about their lack of ability in succeeding with their weight loss efforts.  So “THE SMILE” is fabulous, it’s actually making me smile sat here just thinking about it!  I had one of them last night, after her “ROCK BOTTOM” last week she lost a fantastic 8lb and the smile well, it was just the most BeYOUtiful smile I’ve ever seen, you could see how beautiful she really was, she shone, anyone looking at that face and that smile wouldn’t care about the numbers her body showed on a scales because she is gorgeous and it wasn’t an 8lb weight loss that made her that way, it was a change of mindset and a smile.  She know feels back in control and proud of herself, those feelings are what make us succeed, realising we can do anything we decide to do!

Yep best job in the world….

So here’s something for you to print off and stick on your fridge if you’re struggling at the moment, you may be feeling overwhelmed by life, by all the things you have to do, by all the things you feel you need to do and that may be making it difficult for you to stay on track because you don’t have enough time in the day or there’s just too much going on;

Note to self: 
I don’t have to take this day all at once 
but rather one step, one breath and one moment at a time.   
I am only one person. Things will get done when they get done!

I decided a month or so ago (no idea how long really as my weeks just fly) that I am only one person with 24 hours in my day, so I will do what I can and what I can’t get done will wait.  This mentality is being applied to my work, my diet and particularly my housework ;-) and I feel so much better for that change in mindset, I put 100% into everything I do and that’s what matters to me. 

On that note, I need to go but 100% into making me a cuppa and starting my paperwork before I leave for my meeting this morning, oh and giving my mom a big hug because I had a not so nice realistic dream last night that reminded me how much she means to me xx

No comments: