Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 30 July 2014

What would you say to that 10 year old version of yourself?



30th July 2014
A Person Who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected.  Appreciate & love yourself and you’ll be amazed at what you are capable of!

The mornings are getting a little bit darker at 5am, sign our summer is passing us by, end of July tomorrow, how quickly has that gone!   My house looks like a Weight Watcher war zone this week, I have so much stock in there, normally at this time of year, my meetings get quieter and I chill out for summer, not this year, we’re all still buzzing and feeling the Slimmer this Summer lovin!  It’s fantastic, hence the mess, I’ve got a room full of magazines and stuff for the carnival on Saturday, I also have a gazebo and a table that wouldn’t normally be there.  It’s a bit like a Krypton factor obstacle course making your way from one room to the next, I’ve even got my mom on the case, stapling flyers inside the magazines ;-) 

I’m still stopping to enjoy the other stuff in my life though, watering the garden last night and spotted the first of my purple passiflora flowers, how BeYOUtiful is this;
 
We also made sure we ate well yesterday, we had salmon, roast vegetables and mixed grains and it was delicious.  I’m trying different grains and have to say this was delicious, 7pp in half packet and it had Bulgar Wheat, Quinoa and Lentils in olive oil, they’d already done the hard work and it was tasty.  I’ll be buying them now and having a try at cooking my own, now I know they can be made to be tasty. 

WOW I’ve just read a really powerful quote, I’ve never watched “My Mad Fat Diary” but I’m just looking on Sky to see if it’s available for download because this is a great quote, very thought provoking;

“I want you to imagine a 10 year old version of yourself sitting right there on this couch.  Now this is the little girl who first believed that she was fat and ugly and an embarrassment.  I want you to imagine her sitting there right now.  Now tell that little girl she’s fat.  Tell that little girl she’s ugly.  Tell that little girl that’s she’s an embarrassment, worthless, and useless.  Because that’s what you do every single day when you say that to yourself.”  My Mad Fat Diary quote

WOW, now if that doesn’t make you think, nothing will!  I’m hoping you couldn’t do that, that you wouldn’t even dream of saying such a horrid thing to a child, to anyone really, I’m guessing some of you reading this are guilty of talking to yourself that way though and that makes me sad, it makes my heart sink because I’ve done it.  Not anymore, now I see the BeYOUtiful in everyone including myself.  We’re all gorgeous, we’re all amazing, original one offs who become absolutely incredible when we realise that and embrace our true selves xx 

What would you like to say to that 10 year old version of yourself?  If she/he said that she felt that way about herself, what would you tell her?  Or if you were to offer them some advice about the future what would it be?  

I’d tell mine to not be afraid to be herself, that it’s okay to be different, to not want to ‘fit in’ and be like all the other girls in her class because one day being different will be the thing that makes a difference to her life!  I’d add that what she weighs shouldn’t be an issue as long as she focuses on being healthy xx 

Yep off the top of my head, that’d be what I’d say, STOP think quickly now what would you say, don’t put too much thought into it, because then you’ll say what you really think and not what you think you should say!  

Right that’s me, a couple of minutes of deep is enough at this time of the morning isn’t it ;-) xx
Have an amazing day BeYOUtiful, you know you’re worth it. 

No comments: