Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 6 June 2014

It's Friday - can I get a Whoop Whoop!



6th June 2014
We can choose to throw stones, to stumble on them, to climb over them, or to build with them. William Arthur Ward


Ssshh this morning, heads a little delicate, I broke my abstinence from alcohol last night and my body isn’t impressed!  Could’ve been a lot worse so I’m relieved ;-) and the suns shining so YAY!  Even better mom got the okay from the hospital yesterday that all the scans and cameras showed nothing more sinister than we already thought was going on, he told her she has diverticulitis but that it was nothing to worry about and then told her we could reschedule her operation, however she told him she didn’t want it!  After discussing everything and agreeing that she would continue to eat healthy and not abuse food or her body as she has over the years he agreed not to operate but to see her again in six months and see how she was getting on.  We also have a phone number to call if anything changes, shame we don’t have the doctors number because he was super cute!

I’m so glad that appointment is out of the way because it’s made for a long week, mom stresses silently, she was worried because she really didn’t want to go back in hospital but instead of vocalising her thoughts he stews over them and pretends she’s ok, but then the stresses come out in different ways and she’s shouting at the dog and stuff –you know what it’s like.  I then pick up on the vibes and I end up a cranky cow too, so yes I’m glad it’s done!

I’m really looking forward to seeing my bestie today, every time we’ve had something planned for the last couple of months something has happened, poorly kids etc and we’ve had to cancel so fingers crossed today we’ll get to play, good food and a glass or two of the good stuff, although my delicate body this morning is telling me to drive then have a couple of drinks when we get back later ;-)  that also means we can go anywhere we fancy because we haven’t got to worry about getting there and back.

It looks like it’s going to be a lovely day too which is always a bonus, so let’s have a great day shall we, I’ve got a few hours of paperwork before I can do anything else so I best get to it! I’ve got a nice chilled out weekend planned, I intend to have a baking day Monday for next weeks bake a difference, I want to finish my book which I’ve really enjoyed, might spend some time in the garden and generally enjoy my life and my mom – the weather can do what it likes!

One of the recipes suggested for next weeks bake is this one, the reason I’m sharing it is because I thought it would be good as an alternative to breakfast or for a grab meal for those in a rush who work through their lunch, there seems to be a lot of you that do that!

Chocolate and Raisin Cookies
A snack which can be included in a packed lunch or a freshly baked snack at the weekend with the
rest of the family.

Serves makes 24
3 Pro Points per serving

150g/5½oz margarine
75g/2¾oz soft light brown sugar
1 medium egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
75g/2¾oz plain wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
150g/5½oz rolled oats
50g/1¾oz raisins
50g/1¾oz chocolate chips or chocolate cut into small pieces

1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 5.
2. Cream together the margarine and sugar. Beat in the egg, 2 tablespoons water and the
vanilla essence.
3. Sift together the flour, spice and bicarbonate of soda, tipping any bran in the sieve into the bowl.
4. Stir through the oats, raisins and chocolate, then stir into the egg mixture.
5. Line baking sheets with greaseproof paper or baking parchment.
6. Place walnut-sized pieces of the cookie mixture onto the baking sheets and flatten slightly
with the back of a fork.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.

Right I’m away to work, have a good one xx

BeYOUtiful.



No comments: