Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 20 June 2014

Are you up for Project Priority?



20th June 2014
You always have time for the things you put first.  It’s not about having time it’s about making time!


Okay so here goes Project Priority!  Yeah this week in meetings we’ve talked about what needs to happen to make ourselves a priority and we’ve all agreed it may be difficult but it needs to be done and I for one couldn’t agree more.  When we put everything else and everyone else ahead of our own needs, we tend to end up neglecting our own – I’ve definitely done that this last week and I know I shouldn’t weigh in-between weigh-ins but I’ve jumped on this morning and all I can say is it wasn’t pretty!  So neglecting my own needs and not making time to take care of me has resulted in a huge jump up on the scales!

Yesterday I was toying with the idea of just not bothering with thinking about my eating behaviour until Monday but I know I’ll feel dreadful by then if I continue to eat in this way, so this morning I’ve decided I shall go to Sainsbury’s and get my shopping because I need food NOW can’t wait for a delivery, I need fruit and vegetables and fresh stuff back in my life!

So Project Priority, where do I start, well I’ve stopped moving more because it takes time, so there’s some time I need to get back – the walk on the chase last Sunday was lovely, I also enjoy my gardening, so I’m going to aim for the recommended 30 minutes of something a day, which is a total of 3½ hours and it doesn’t have to be all at once!  That’s number one on my priority list.

Number two – meals, 3 a day, thought about and healthy, not just thrown together.

Number three – stop to eat, again I’ve gone back to eating at my desk and not taking a break at lunchtime to eat at the kitchen table.

WOW, it’s scary how to save time in my day/week to get ‘other’ stuff done; I’ve cut out all the things that are good for me!  I’m thinking this all up as I’m typing by the way, and I’m slightly shocked at what I’m realising and now I’m not surprised the scales have gone up.  

Of course in all this prioritising there has to be some relaxing, that’s sorted this weekend, I’ve got a massive pamper session booked on Saturday because I have to work Sunday, so one will counteract the other, then Monday will be all about me and mom and the garden.   Today needs to be about work mostly and shopping, but I’m feeling good, ready to take care of me after a few weeks of neglect.  I haven’t planned a meal for a week really, so I most certainly need to see what I have in the kitchen and get to the shop to buy some stuff!

I’m actually going to put together a timetable I think to prioritise what gets done when, working from home a lot, work tends to spill over into my family time, so I need to learn to close the office door sometimes and have that balance.  

How many times do you say;

"I wish I had more time for myself."
"I'm so busy! I don't have a moment to breathe."

"I need more hours in the day."

"I don't have time for that."

Maybe it’s time to make yourself a priority and be choosier about what you say yes to and stronger about saying NO!  We all lead ridiculously busy lives, and the one thing we never seem to have time for is ourselves – lets change that shall we!

Learn to say “No” without feeling guilty, let’s stop trying to do everything for the people in our life.
Let’s start to cut out the things that drain ups – what are you putting up with in your life that’s draining you?  GET RID! 

Find some “Me Time” get that on your to do list, make it a priority.  What do you enjoy doing – go find the time to do it!  Mines gonna be gardening this week, I love it. 

Prioritise – work out what you have time for in the coming day/week and what you don’t.  What needs to wait or not get done at all!

Oh I feel so positive having written all that, I cannot wait to start Project Priority, actually I’ve already started it, I went and watered my hanging baskets before I started writing this because my garden is important to me and they would die in this heat without regular care and attention – mmm we’re a little like those hanging baskets aren’t we, without regular care and attention we don’t look too good either ;-) 

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, make yourself matter. xx

No comments: