Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 18 August 2010

August 18th 2010 - facebook email

The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own. Benjamin Disraeli

What a beautiful morning, fabulous sunrise if you were awake at 6am you may have seen it ;-)

Soooooo who watched the Channel 4 programme last night about dieting! What a buffoon that man was (in my opinion of course!) If you didn’t see it, it was about whether a personal trainer could get more weight off someone than an alternative therapist. I really don’t believe bullying, berating and generally shouting at someone is ever going to get good results and even he had to change his tactics halfway through the programme and get gentle to get results if you noticed! If you missed it, catch up on http://www.channel4.com/programmes/who-knows-best/4od

I personally believe that a positive approach, support and motivation is going to get you further than anything. I also believe you have to change your mind before you can change your body. Yeah weight loss is a battle and it’s one that’s worth the fight!

There is no quick fix solution it’s a combination of changes and that starts in the mind, change your attitude change your life!

Alternative therapy can help as long as it’s alongside a healthy eating plan and hopefully moving more where possible.

There I feel better now I’ve had my little rant ;-)

Yesterday was a great healthy eating day for me, I cleared out my kitchen, threw away out of date spices etc and when and stocked up. Had a look through the Irresistable mag that we have in the meeting this month (you can buy it for £3.50 and get this months WW mag with it for free) and found a delicious recipe for mango rice, mmm it was delicious, I was a little lazy and used microwave rice but the end result with mango and coriander and I threw in some sun-blushed tomatoes was delicious with my salmon. Definitely recommend that one.

So do you have a favourite recipe that you regularly cook and is low in points, if so can you either email it me or bring me a copy into the meeting. I’m thinking of putting together a booklet with members’ favourites in – even if its one out of a previous handout I’ve done let me know so I can include the favs for future members.

Midweek already! Soon be the weekend, doesn’t life go by quickly, so remember.

Remember life starts now....

Are you living yet?

No comments: