Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 20 August 2010

20th August 2010 - facebook email

The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas. Linus Pauling

Mmm lifestyle changes! That’s what I was thinking about as I was walking Alfie this morning, that’s the only true way to reach your goal and stay there. You can try this out, try that out but only by making things permanent will you find long-term success. So for example walking Alfie every morning is one of mine, by doing a 20-minute walk each morning I’m burning off extra calories on a daily basis, and when possible I’ll walk him more than once, mom takes him out too.

At the same time its ok to try something’s out short term, so if you’re doing Zhumba at the moment and that fad lasts 6 weeks, that’s awesome, because once you’re bored with that you can replace it with the next big thing! As long as you’re keeping active it doesn’t matter what that activity is! Variety is good.

Balance – that’s what it’s all about, I was talking about this word to a friend yesterday, what does it mean to you? Because to us it appeared to mean two very different things! She saw it as being in the middle, potentially being mediocre! And this is what has been stopping her from attaining it, because she doesn’t want to be mediocre – ordinary, average, run of the mill! No, that’s not my friend at all – trust me! I however see balance totally different, to me its having equal amounts of everything in your life and not too much of anything, being able to cope with all the peaks and troughs that arrive, so in diet terms that would mean, if one weekend you had 3 nights out planned due to celebrations, the next weekend you would balance it out by having a quieter time and using less points. Because too much of anything can be toxic, you can even have too much water – it’s called drowning! You can also have not enough of most things too, if you don’t get enough water, you’ll see the effect it has on your body almost immediately, starting with headaches.

So balance is important for long-term success not just with dieting but also in life in general. I know that if I cut out everything that was bad for me from my diet, I wouldn’t stick at it, for example last night when I gave my helper a lift home she asked if I could stop at the yellow chip shop for her, which I did and ended up having a bag, if I hadn’t had a bag, I would’ve felt resentful of my diet and probably pigged out on other stuff later, but because I did I now know I can stay on track all day today and tomorrow no worries.

Once I’ve finished doing my paperwork this morning, I plan to spend some time in the kitchen, then later I’m having a massage to chill me out ready for my weekend, because all work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy.

Here’s one of the recipes I might be doing, haven’t decided yet.

Spinach & Cheese lasagne – serves 2 – 5½pts

Low fat cooking spray
200g frozen spinach (defrosted and drained)
100g low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
6 sheets dried lasagne (100g)
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
50g low fat grated cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to Gas mark 4 / 180oC. Spray small ovenproof dish with low fat spray.

In a bowl mix together spinach & soft cheese, season with black pepper. Place two sheets of lasagne in the oven dish, spoon over half of the spinach mixture.

Place two more sheets of lasagne on top and spoon remaining spinach mixture on to it. Repeat with the last two sheets, pour over the chopped tomatoes, season and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 20 mins or until golden and bubbling.

Remember life starts now....

Are you living yet?

No comments: