Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Those dreaded Bank Holidays, did you survive?



5th May 2015
"Whatever you're meant to do, do it now.  The conditions are always impossible." Doris Lessing


Oops!

That's all I'm saying about this weekend, no regrets though, I've had a really good couple of days off work and away from almost everything that is Weight Watchers.  I've had a good two days to recharge, Lynne and I had a real giggle Sunday and yesterday I sat on my backside and watched all six Star Wars movies, can't believe I'd waited so long to actually watch them, I only remember the original and I'm sure I'd only seen that once when my sister took me to the cinema when it was released.

So  I know some of you will have stayed on track and others like myself will have gone astray, the reality is, it isn't what you do on a Bank Holiday that stops you losing weight, it's what you do on the Bank Holiday Tuesday and afterwards that can put it right!  Therefore I've already had my glass of lemon water, I shall be having eggs for breakfast, and any white bread rolls left in my kitchen will either be getting thrown in the canal for the ducks or put in a savoury bread pudding maybe!  I've got a potato and spinach saag ready for dinner, that's made with all filling and healthy ingredients and I'm ready to move more too.  Yeah sitting on my backside for a day feeling my body start to seize up made me want to get up and move, I stood in the living room doing stretches and being reminded that it feels good to move.  I'd enjoyed my country walk on Friday too, so yeah I'm ready to get my walking boots back on.

Short and sweet this morning, after two days of not thinking Weight Watchers, it's going to take me a bit longer to get ready for work today, luckily all my meetings planned, I just need to load my car. 

Here's to a glorious day BeYOUtiful, focus on the healthy & happy.

And if you fancy having a go at savoury bread pudding, here's a couple of recipes;

Cheese and tomato bread pudding
This is a wonderful way to use up leftover bread and it's a cheap and filling family meal.
Serves 4 | Takes 10 minutes to prepare, 35 minutes to cook
F&H day = uses 3pp of yr 49 weeklies,    PP day = 8pp
low fat cooking spray 400 g can chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
100 g (3½oz) mature cheese, grated (11pp)
4 eggs (7pp) 400 ml (14 fl oz) skimmed milk (4pp) 150 g (5½oz) Weight Watchers calorie controlled bread (preferably stale) (9pp)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C. Lightly spray an ovenproof dish with the
cooking spray.  Mix the tomatoes with half of the thyme, then spoon half of the tomatoes into the base of the dish
and scatter with about a quarter of the cheese.  In a large bowl, beat the eggs with milk and seasoning. Dip the slices of bread in the eggy mixture, letting them soak in it briefly. Arrange the bread slices on top of the tomatoes and cheese,overlapping slightly.   Spoon on the rest of the tomatoes and scatter with the remaining cheese and thyme. Pour the remaining egg mixture all over the dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.  Remove the foil. Bake for a further 15 minutes until the mixture is puffed up and golden brown on top.


Prep 5mins, ready in 30 minutes, Serves 1, 9pp

100ml skimmed milk
1 egg
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs such as parsley, chives or coriander
35g grated cheese
Slice of bread

Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Whisk together milk, 1 egg, mustard and herbs.  Break bread into 1cm chunks and stir it into the milk mixture, along with cheese. Spoon into an individual sized ovenproof dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crunchy on the top.


No comments: