Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 9 May 2015

Be careful what you believe - it may come true!



9th May 2015
It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.
I realised one thing yesterday and I'm not going to get all political on you don't worry, but upon hearing people talking about the election and chatting to my mate about it, I noticed that we all hear what we want to hear and ignore the bits we don't.   I think what I'm trying to say is we all choose how to live our lives by filtering through all the noise we hear and deciding what we believe in, I'm not talking politics any more, I mean everything.  You are your beliefs however you got those beliefs, they may have been passed on to you from your parents, you could've been influenced by someone close or you could've found them elsewhere, but you can change them!

So obviously, I'm talking weight loss here not politics, (I'm staying well away from that fireball!) and if you believe that losing weight is just impossible for you for whatever reason, that belief can be so strong it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, in other words we believe it so much we ensure it happens!

So let's start believing we can lose weight, let's be 'can do's' rather than 'can't do's' or 'it's too hard', or 'I'll never make it'.  Even writing those negatives made my shoulders slump, I enjoy writing 'let's do this', "hell yeah we can", "making it happen" "Doing it".

When I say "on it like a car bonnet" or "BOOM", those statements make me smile and empower me and the person I'm saying it to hopefully.

I'm all about believing in yourself, being BeYOUtiful and I truly believe even when I'm struggling to stay on track or when I feel a bit down, or I'm having a screaming hormonal day where everything sucks, at the back of my mind is a little voice saying "be patient, everything will get better".  I truly 100% believe when I'm ready I have the power to make any change to my life I want.  I've just realised as I wrote that statement, I've just given myself permission to not be ready!

So I need to start changing my belief that I'm not ready don't I! 

Ain't the mind clever!

I need to start telling it I am ready to get past this, to move forward to get back to the weight I was this time last year and to focus on getting my eating habits back under control!

I've been doing that one step at a time, the last month I've been concentrating on drinking more water, this week I'm focusing on adding fruit into my diet.  So yes from today I'm going to believe I can do this again, because I've just realised I've been doubting myself and my ability to get back "on it like a car bonnet"!

I have the happy sorted, now to get back to sorting the healthy!

Changing the topic to the 'happy' this story I found online is a lovely way to end my blog this morning;

How Can We Be Happy?
Once a group of 50 people were attending a seminar. Suddenly the speaker stopped and decided to do a group activity. He started giving each attendee one balloon. Each one was asked to write his/her name on it using a marker pen. Then all the balloons were collected and put in another room.
Now these delegates were let into that room and asked to find the balloon which had their name written within 5 minutes. Everyone was frantically searching for their name, colliding with each other, pushing around others and there was utter chaos.
At the end of 5 minutes no one could find their own balloon. Now each one was asked to randomly collect a balloon and give it to the person whose name was written on it. Within minutes everyone had their own balloon.
The speaker then began, “This is happening in our lives. Everyone is frantically looking for happiness all around, not knowing where it is.
Our happiness lies in the happiness of other people. Give them their happiness; you will get your own happiness. And this is the purpose of human life…the pursuit of happiness.”
--

So that's my ramblings over, not sure if they made any sense written down but they did in my head ;) so have a BeYOUtifully happy day, I'm going to xx

No comments: