Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 31 May 2022

22g is a portion of chocolate - really?

Tuesday 31st May 2022
Treat people with kindness - especially yourself!


Another great weekend away, time together is always good whatever we're doing, but this weekend it involved a lovely meal out Saturday evening, we walked there it was a couple of miles so GO US!  We didn't walk back though, that's what taxi's are for :) I'd fancied a risotto for weeks and finally got one but it wasn't all that, I left half, thankfully himself had ordered too much food so I got some of his steak.

Sunday we went to Charlecote Park, not the best National Trust place I've been, no decent cakes for Aryn to rate, he had a sausage roll instead, a £4 sausage roll at that - how can these places justify those prices.  Anyway, the house was open but mostly packed away or covered up, as they're having the heating system in there changed.  The grounds were a nice walk and we did get to see the Fallow deer so all was not lost, weather was a bit dodgy, it kept threatening to rain but thankfully we got away with it.  We stopped in Stratford on the way back because there was a fair and Aryn keeps going on about rowing a boat.  Thankfully I got his dad to go out with him to do that, rowing on the River Avon is not my idea of fun and neither is Dodgems on the fair so I watched and took photos.  My ribs still ain't right, I thought they'd got better, then suddenly they hurt again when I turn over in bed or reach for something.  No fun this getting old is it.

We had a BBQ on the night when we got back, I do love sitting back and being cooked for, steak, kebabs and sausages, so not the best 'diet' food but there wasn't any bread involved so not all bad.  

NOW I've been fancying a bit of chocolate so I bought a bar when I went in the shop to get the firelighters, you can't beat Galaxy, so this is what caught my attention;

£1 not a bad price of chocolate when you notice a bar a third of the size is about 80p

110g, I expected it to be 100g

Notice the nutritional info, 5 portions per pack, so 22g a portion, 
I don't know who decided that amount but I'll go with it.

Now I don't know which way you break your chocolate but this bar is 5 across by 6 down, I would be breaking off the 5 which isn't the portion, to get the 22g portion....

you have to break it lengthways - really, who does that and if you do, well you're different I think!

 My point is, make it obvious what a portion is, breaking that bar lengthways was difficult if I'm honest, much easier to break the other way, but then it wouldn't have been a portion, I'd have been owed a piece from the next row and we all know, I wouldn't have only took one piece off that next row - is that their cunning plan!

You'll be proud of me, I had that one strip and left the rest on the table when I left to come home yesterday, hopefully it'll have been eaten by the time he gets back :) 

There was definitely too much wine drunk this weekend, so last night I had a bath and an early night, no alcohol involved, I've had a good nights sleep, not a great night, menopause and middle aged seems to have stole that gift from me, I wake for the toilet, because I'm hot and sweating or because my ribs hurt as I've moved, YAY I love being me lol.

Actually I do love being me, I'm clumsy, went over on my ankle Sunday so now that hurts too, my knee often feels like it's been hit with a lump hammer but that reminds me of all the wonderful walks I've had over the years, it hurts today because we had a lovely walk Sunday, it'll ease off.  My ribs hurt because we were having too much fun, all my aches and pains have a story lol.

Now I'm going to try and get ready for work without hurting anything - wish me luck!

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: