Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 19 May 2022

£50kg - what a joke!

Thursday 19th May 2022
We are our choices. 

This is my breakfast this morning after a trip to Aldi yesterday afternoon for smoked salmon!  Let me bring you up to date. 

I saw a photo of smoked salmon and eggs on our facebook group and I was 'ooo I could just eat that' so I nipped to the shop because we wanted salad too.  We popped to the Tesco garage at the bottom of the hill but they didn't have any, they did have Choux Buns though which have become the boys favourite treat lately!  They usually take a walk over the Coop and come back with a box of 2 which cost £1.80, well in Tesco it turns out you can have 2 for 85p, that's over 50% cheaper - ridiculous!  

We then drove back towards home and I stopped at the Coop to see if they had smoked salmon, oh they did but they wanted £3 for 60g, which was over £50 per kg!  I quickly looked on the Sainsburys app and their prices varied from £19.95 - £30 per kg, seriously, I know you pay more in these local small shops but that's a joke.   I decided to drive to Aldi, it's not that far away and I was curious, yeah £23 per kg and let's be honest, it'll taste just as good.  That's where we got the croissants, 246 calories but nice, I'm gonna have the smoked salmon for lunch with scrambled eggs.

I'm sat in front of the tele watching Sky News and all it's talking about is the cost of living crisis, it's scary isn't it.  

Whilst Aryn had leftover KFC cobs yesterday, I cooked the chicken nuggets that I'd had in a £5 freezer meal deal from Coop, I won't have that one again, I'm not a fan of them at all. At least there was salad on the plate.

And they wonder why people don't eat healthy, tub of strawberries yesterday £2.25, 4 choux buns £1.70, seriously, a bag of salad leaves £1.25 but it doesn't fill you up!  Yes I did buy all of these things and thankfully he ate the strawberries, but I didn't buy me a tub.

I know we can eat healthily as cheaply as unhealthily but it isn't as easy and people like easy.  I could've bought a pizza meal deal in the Tesco garage, 1 big pizza, a side and dips for £5, it's the quicker, easier option isn't it.  

One thing that was evident in our huddle yesterday morning is people 'can't be bothered' when it comes to taking care of themselves, they do it for others but neglect themselves.  This is something we're gonna have to start to address going forward.  We are worth the effort, we matter too!

On that note, I've just really enjoyed my breakfast, I'm just finishing my latte, that's around 300 calories in total spent, nice.  I've got my salmon and eggs for lunch, just dinner to decide on, I'm tempted by the grey peas in the freezer, now they're not a badly priced meal, the peas are cheap, it's the bacon that costs the money.  

Here's to a great day, make it a good one.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 

No comments: