Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 25 May 2022

Another day, another chance...

Wednesday 25th May 2022
Small progress is still progress.


We had a cracking good work day yesterday, we're looking at saving money this week, a very apt subject at the moment.  I've got my food shop coming this morning, I've managed to save £49.30 according to my receipt, that's by using £20 worth of vouchers I had and by buying things on offer, I've also got an Iceland delivery coming this afternoon and that's saved me £22 pound with vouchers and offers.  Total bill still £100, but theres enough food for a few weeks, so I'm happy!    Now to fit in all in the fridge and freezer ;) I should've probably done the meal plan before doing the shopping but I didn't, I will look at what's delivered though and start planning some meals, I have a few planned in my head.  

Today, I'm cooking this Chicken In A Pot with Lemon and Orzo | Nigella's Recipes | Nigella Lawson, I'm toying with whether to cook it in the slow cooker, as apparently slow cooking is cheaper than turning on the oven, plus I could leave it to cook whilst I'm out or doing something else.  I already have the orzo so this recipe was perfect for using up something that's been in my cupboard for a good while.

Yesterday I had herrings in tomato sauce on toast for breakfast, I couldn't tell the difference between them and the mackerel I'd had the day before.  Dinner was leftover pork shoulder chop and Yorkshire pudding from Sunday, jersey royals, broccoli, peas and gravy.  Tea wasn't so good, I had 2 chocolate eclairs, I'd like to blame living with a teenager but I can't blame him for me picking them up when I took him to get Choux buns, damn Tesco for selling them for 80p.

At least I don't have any junk or treats coming in todays stuff, except ice cream but I'm pretty good at resisting that.  

Other than our Be Happy Owls huddle this morning, I have nothing planned except cooking, I might get next weeks meeting talk planned as we're away the weekend and I won't be home till Monday.  For a change I've actually planned what we're doing, even booked a table for food.  Then Jubilee weekend, I've booked for us to go to the Black Country Museum, I don't fancy tackling the roads to go away, although I do like the idea of a walk up Cardingmill Valley on the Sunday, we shall see how everyone else feels in the house.

Here's to another day of doing my best to eat healthy and handle all the joys of being a grown up :) 

Have a great day

Mwah, luv you

Love me xx




No comments: