Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 24 May 2022

£4 for a glass of pop - really!

Tuesday 25th May 2022
The grass is greener, where you water it!


Well I've just enjoyed my mug of tea so much, I'm contemplating going to get another and this can wait a little bit longer...

Well yesterday was an enjoyable day, I spent the morning planning the meetings, doing some research, oh and the doctors.  Turned out when I got there for an appointment I actually made over a month ago, it was a telephone appointment, so I went back home to wait for the call!  Thankfully I only live 100 yards away from the surgery or I'd have been a bit miffed.  Anyway the doctor thinks I most likely have vertigo, so she's prescribed me something and asked me to get the nurse to do a standing and sitting blood pressure test rather than just the sitting one she did last month.  Hopefully it'll rectify itself as it was most likely triggered by my bang on the head - that damn longboard!  Will I ever grow up?

We then went to Bella Italia for lunch because we had vouchers, I'd swapped my tesco clubcard ones.  Ouch, let's start with the price of pop, it's ridiculous, £4 for a glass of diet coke, a big glass I grant you but seriously, this is just ridiculous in my opinion.  My main was 

Now this is the picture of my actual meal and I have to say it was delicious, but shows how high in calories a pasta meal is when it's cooked all scrumptious like.  



Aryn had a pasta dish with duck in hoisin sauce which was a bit too sweet after you'd eaten half apparently, so he left some. 

OH and just for info, the second cup of tea this morning just isn't as good!  I'm sure it's because I reheated the water rather than using fresh.

Anyway, after food we went to get Aryn's eyes tested and turns out he needs glasses!  Yep he has a lazy left eye (he has a lazy body, I don't know about just his eye!) and his right eye has been doing all the work, so he needs glasses for tv, pc and reading.  Let's hope wearing glasses gets him ready ay!

I enjoyed my breakfast yesterday, had my mackerel in tomato sauce on toast, really tasty and so good for me, I actually might have the same again today.  Two portions of fish a week, at least one oily which mackerel is.  I looked at the cost of the mackerel, it was Sainsbury's home brand and is now 85p, last September it was 65p because I found an order in my email box.  These price increases are ridiculous.  The same thing is 64p in Aldi and compared to Princes which is a 'brand', Aldi has 64% mackerel in the can and Princes only 54%!  

   
I watched a few episodes of 'Secrets of Supermarket Food' yesterday on My5 app and some of it was eye opening, the amount of actual fish in your fish in batters from the Supermarkets is a joke, one only had 54%.  The other thing that made me squirm was whats on our fruit and veg, we laughed in our huddle last Wednesday about washing lettuce, I admitted I don't wash any of my fruit or veg, well after watching that yesterday, I might start doing so, there's stuff on them that you don't want in your body!  YAK!  

Right, let's get my work head on, time to eat breakfast, get dressed and ready for the day ahead.  I do love a slow start to my day, not a fan of rushing anymore.

Mwah, luv ya, 

Love me xx




No comments: