Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 26 May 2022

Happy tears

Thursday 26th May 2022
If it was easy - we'd already have it sussed!


Well yesterday was a good day all round, great huddle on morning, a few hours spent watching the last Harry Potter with Aryn.  He's had a tough couple of weeks to add to the tough year or more he's had and it's been a little tough on all of us.  I'm a 'helper', I make things better and when I can't I get frustrated and when I see people I care about in pain or hurting, I hurt too.  

I attempted cooking a pizza type tart on a roll of puff pastry from the freezer yesterday and it was an epic fail but worth it because it really made Aryn laugh and took his mind off things :), he loves to tease me and ma'an did he have some material from my cooking attempt yesterday.  By the end of it he said it was like a pizza, pastry, lasagne lol, but bless him, he ate a plate full of it.

We were waiting for a call all day that didn't come, I sent a text on the afternoon asking about the outcome of their meeting (sorry for the vagueness but it's not about me so I don't like to be so open as I normally would) thankfully she text me back at 19.38 with good news and the result we'd hoped for.  I started crying happy tears when I read it, because it's one problem solved.

Yeah I went to bed happy, we have a long way to go but that call is part of the solution hopefully  

I cooked that Nigella recipe chicken and orzo, again it wasn't a success, I wasn't keen on the flavour or the way the orzo had turned out.  Don't get me wrong the chicken was amazing and I ate a bowl but I wouldn't rush to eat it again, don't think I like tarragon either which was an ingredient and I'm guessing the taste I wasn't keen on.

I had a craving for chocolate but managed to resist going to the Co-op to fetch some, so that was one success, I did eat some flying saucers though which came in my shopping delivery!  Oops.

I was asleep by nine, so I've had a good nights sleep which I'm always grateful for, love sleeping I do!  

Today we're making our own pizzas, well we'll roll out the dough and top it, thought he'd enjoy that, he has told me never to try baking again though :) I messed up the tart and you should've seen my attempt at pancakes back in February!   He did say I can make Yorkshires again though, so I'm not completely baking banned.

Who knew you could love and care for a child you'd only known for 6 months so much who you didn't give birth too!  Especially a teenage one, I mean, they're not the easiest creatures in the world are they!

I've just watched a Morrisons advert, it's all about the Jubilee and there's cake, do we have an afternoon tea next weekend, I think maybe we should, I doubt Aryn's ever had that experience so it'll be educational won't it :) I'm thinking Victoria sponge, scones with clotted cream, triangle sandwiches, oooo that does sound like a very, good idea.

Let's get all thoughts of cake out of my head this morning, I've got a days work ahead, here's to enjoying it and everything we eat today too.  

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 






No comments: