Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 23 May 2022

Let's get this Monday started...

Monday 23rd May 2022
Another week, another chance.

Well I had my lazy day yesterday, after enjoying this breakfast, I didn't eat all that spread by the way, 

I sat and watched a lot of crap tele, I did cook a proper dinner, I even made my own Yorkshire pudding from scratch, they weren't my best but they got me back in the kitchen cooking and realising it isn't that difficult. 


Elle and I have been running huddles for a year now, she counted up the weight loss over that year yesterday - wow, how amazing are our members...


We both thank everyone who's joined us over the year, we couldn't have done it without them.  I want to thank Elle though too because it may not have happened at all had she not kept on at me!  We had talked about it a lot but when it came to reality, there was so much going on with mom, my brain was just full, then when mom passed away, it would've been so easy to not do anything, to take time off and run away.  I glad I didn't and that Elle became the logical voice in my head because I love what we've created, plus if I had run away, well I wouldn't have a teenager sleeping upstairs or a man in my life - mmm decisions, decisions lol. 

I need to start tracking again, not been doing it and we all know that stuff gets ignored when you don't watch and record what you're choosing.  On a positive I filled the fruit bowl Saturday, I've eaten 3 or 4 conference pears, they've all gone anyway, I'm waiting for the nectarines to ripen but I'll have an apple today.  The strawberries I bought are sour though and that's what annoys me about buying fruit, you never know what it's going to taste like and they weren't cheap!  It does make me smile seeing the males in my life walk in the living room eating a piece of fruit though I have to admit, it's the little things.  This will encourage me to keep the bowl topped up.

This week, I'm going to think about how food affects mood and make choices accordingly, ooo I'll have some oily fish for breakfast, get me a bit of omega 3 oil, I need to do that more often. I've got tinned mackerel in the cupboard.  I've also got frozen salmon which I bought when it was on a whoopsie I'll have that with jersey royals and veggies.  That's one meal planned for the week ahead.

We are off to Bella Italia because I have vouchers, I swapped my Tesco clubcard ones for food ones, every 50p is worth £1.50 in Bella, so that's lunch sorted.  I've just had a quick look at the menu, I'm looking at around 1,000 calories for whatever I choose, tempted to have lasagna to compare to my sisters but I know it won't be as good :) 

I did an order for Iceland yesterday because they sent me a £15 voucher, so that's a nice saving, plus I buy the things that are on offer saving me even more, oh and I only buy stuff I'd be buying at some point anyway, otherwise you aren't saving any money at all.  I've used or got around £75 of vouchers to use this week on food, not bad.  Iceland have been sending me offers for weeks and I've ignored the lower ones, then that one arrived Saturday.  Saving money where I can!  I complained to KFC last week about the service (it wasn't good) and they sent me a £10 voucher, which will buy Aryn a bucket tomorrow, you get 9 pieces for £5.99 on a Tuesday, he'll eat some then have the rest cold on cobs the next day, he can even have a milkshake in that tenner :) 

Time to get my day started, I have doctors this morning, Aryn has an eye test this afternoon, I need to plan this weeks huddle chat, so I'm off.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: