Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 21 May 2022

I'll never be a domestic goddess!

Saturday 21st May 2022
You are worth the effort!


I had a very grown up day yesterday!  I started in the kitchen, full on spring clean I did, emptied all the cupboards, cleaned them out then checked what food I actually have, then proceeded to clean the rest of the kitchen, fridge the lot, the doors, floor, took me bloody ages it did and as much as I hate doing it, I love how it looks at the end.   I bow down in front of cleaners, it's such hard work, when you do it properly.

Next I did the living room, not so difficult as just untidy, by now it was lunchtime and I hadn't eaten yet, I found a tub of grey peas in the freezer and ate them, mmm you don't need a photo of them, they ain't pretty but I like them.

I'd decided I'd had enough of housework for one day and watched a bit of tele, but then I got a second spurt and did the rest of the house, both bathrooms which I have to add is a different experience once you have a teenager in the house!  The entire house was hoovered - another yakky job and I even got the Pledge out and a yellow duster :) 

My house is now lovely, I've just done last nights washing up - this is the thing see, you make it look lovely then you have to mess it back up if you want to eat.  We ate healthy though, had corn on the cob, roasted cubed potatoes and egg, oh and a battered fish, not the best I guess but it was delicious.  

At least it used up some of the freezer stuff again, there's not as much in that freezer as I thought to be honest, one drawer is almost full of ice cubes!  Another drawer is my curries, some veggie stuff in another which I will start eating this coming week, then lots of bits and bobs of stuff, there is salmon which I bought reduced, I could have that with veggie sticks, that'd be nice. 

A lot of the stuff in the freezer needs to be defrosted before cooking, this is why it's not being used because I'm rubbish at pre planning meals but it needs to be done, that'll be what me and Aryn do today, we can plan some meals for next week and use some of the stuff up (oh I'm well aware I've said that before by the way).

Busy morning, we have the huddle to look forward to, then I'm off to sign a customer up for Utility Warehouse, I'm not actively seeking customers at the moment but if someone gets in touch and asks for help, I'm more than happy to do that because I know UW are good, I won't be changing my bills anytime soon, I love that it's all together in one bill, plus I get that cashback, which these days is usually at least £30 a month.

Right, here's to a great day, no plans after I get back from work, I'm gonna nip to lidl's to have a nosey, my fridge is almost empty, I need a few veggies and I want some fruit in the bowl in the kitchen that I found whilst cleaning.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: