Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 3 April 2024

YAY! Back on it!

Wednesday 3rd April 2024




Happy Wednesday, keep calm, stay focused and smash your goals!  That's my advise to myself and anyone else who needs it today.

I'm finally back tracking, day two in the bag and I even finished within my allowance - YAY!

There's always room for improvement of course but one step at a time, let's focus on the positives first.

I started by taking an inventory of the freezer which made me realise I needed some shopping, yes there are things in there but not necessarily midweek meals or stuff I fancied.  After a wander round Sainsbury's and seeing one of our members say she was having honey and mustard chicken for tea, that was my dinner decided.  There was also some sweet chilli cooked salmon reduced which I had for lunch, I ended up having the second piece as well, but I hadn't had any breakfast so it was a 621 calorie brunch.  I only had lettuce and cucumber in the fridge as I didn't buy salad but it was enough, it's not salad weather for me just yet.  I treated myself to some rosemary and sea salt focaccia bread, so nice, topped with a cheese triangle, satisfied till dinner time I was. 


Dinner time was the honey and mustard chicken with veg and rice, very nice.  I bought jasmine rice, one pack of Sainsbury's home brand and one pack of Tilda to compare, you could tell the difference in texture but once mixed with the sauce it didn't matter.  


The sauce was £1.75 a jar, the chicken I used half the pack so £3.25 and the broccoli was 15p on offer last week, but usually it would cost more so say £1 for veggies.   Worked out at £2 a meal and they liked it, it's been a while since Aryn said, "that was good" at the end of his meal, so result.  One for the regular list. 

He then went and made cookies using the dough Elle had bought him and I couldn't resist but thankfully as you can see from my app, I'm just within my calories - YAY!  Lots of YAY today, focus on the positives.  Even better, my Fitbit says almost 10k steps which is very good for me and 2,371 calories burned - at last a calorie deficit tracked.

  

I made a conscious effort to drink some water too, not loads but more than lately.

Oh I also bought 2 packs of diced beef that was reduced to half price so I made a stew yesterday too, dinners ready for today now.  The spuds were reduced too, about £6.25 for the pan in total, there's a good 6-8 portions in there, it'll taste better today too. 

Other meals planned for this week are Cod Fish Cakes on offer 2 for £1.50, I bought some frozen fish which was on offer for £2 instead of £4.50, this was the only flavour that price but should be nice. 

I'm also going to make Taco Spaghetti, a recipe I found that sounds good and I have all the ingredients in my kitchen - bonus. Best Taco Spaghetti Recipe - How To Make Taco Spaghetti (delish.com)

I feel more in control having meals planned, saves that - what shall we have nightmare!

Physio done for the day, I wished I didn't wake up in the night, one this time and took me an hour to go back to sleep, night sweats and just can't get my body temperature to regulate, I'm hot then I'm cold.  I know it's menopause, thankfully I'm still getting sleep, just interrupted.  I almost got up but thought no, at least I'm resting if I'm  not sleeping and I did go back to sleep as you can see from my Fitbit sleep report. 

Ah well, it is what it is, I don't feel tired this morning so bonus.  Aryn and I will go to the gym later and that will hopefully help, having googled it, they say lose weight, eat well, exercise, cut caffeine and alcohol - all the things we know will help.  

Yeah, here's to another day of taking care of myself, you gonna take care of you because you matter too?

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx



No comments: