Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 6 April 2024

Random calls but wonderful walk :)

Saturday 6th April 2024


I had a very, good day yesterday!  Up at 5 and I decided to have a bit of a sort out of my clothes, so now I where everything is and I've got rid of a bit too.  When Aryn got up, he came shopping with me as I had to get cat litter and they're big bags, we also decided we'd go for a walk instead of the gym as it wasn't raining for a change! 

We ended up at Calf Heath Reservoir which is just off the M6/A5, it took us about 20 minutes to walk round there, now thinking only a couple of months ago, I wouldn't have been able to do that and even a month ago, I'd have been stopping and moaning with pain whilst doing it.  This walk was a little uncomfortable on my knee and lower back but not the worst, so when we'd finished I said shall we do the other reservoir and we did both of the Gailey reservoirs 

 


  
I paused the fitbit whilst we drove from the Calf Heath to Gailey reservoir, so I managed to walk for 1 hour 20 minutes, to say I was really happy is an understatement, walking has always been my thing and not being able to do it, has taken its toll.  Getting up an hour early every day to do my physio is paying off, I couldn’t walk for 5 minutes without being in excruciating pain before then and I've managed to walk for that duration, yes I was in pain but I didn’t want to cry! It was more pleasurable pain from a good walk and plenty of people who go for a long walk after not having been walking for a while will understand that feeling. My knee was seized up in the night but it's no worse today than it was in the week. Now to work on being able to stand for periods of time, for some reason that’s a different ball game, still hurts to just stand to do our huddle talks or if you're standing in a queue or having a chat with someone in the garden, but I’m feeling positive after being told short of surgery I was just gonna have to live with my back issues! Spondylolisthesis might not go away but building up my core muscles and doing the stretches is working isn't it, plus the weight loss too, that definitely has to help. Every pound lost is 4lb of pressure off your joints remember and I've lost weight this year, actually that was another smile moment yesterday, I bought a pair of baggy levi's last year from McArthur Glen in December and when I put them on to wear out, they were quite snug and made me feel fat and frumpy so I took them off and hid them in the wardrobe, yesterday I put them on to doss in and they were baggy, I could get both my hands in the waistband as well as my waist, so that weight I've lost since January has made a huge difference.

Food wise, well we had burger king as a treat for Aryn and I indulged too, dinner was fish cake and cauliflower cheese, I didn't have the garlic bread they had.


I also sat in the garden to enjoy some of that dry, warmer weather than we've had in a good while, I enjoyed a couple of G&Ts whilst reading my book. I declined a trip to the pub with himself, let him go alone, I was asleep when he got back but it wasn't late cos I went to bed around 9.

My calories were once again over my target but I burned a good 700 calories more yesterday thanks to my walk.

That was my great day, which was disturbed at midnight by a phone call from someone I don't know TELLING me I'm living with John - whoever he is! She was persistent, so many missed calls and messages, no clue where she's had this idea from but I don't know who her John is and he's not living in this house. I had to put phone on silent in the end. My phone does have do not disturb set up from 9 - 5.30 but when I've googled it this morning if someone continually calls you for 3 minutes, it lets it ring in case it's an emergency. So if you know this John, I think she said John Adams and her name was Linda from Walsall, let her know it isn't this Beverley shacking up with him and I don't care if he forgets to take his red tablets either! An hour of calls, voice messages and texts from Midnight last night, I don't like my sleep disturbed, I really don't.

Anyway, other than that, I'm in a cracking good mood this morning, I've had enough sleep and I'm ready for my day, here's to making it a great one!

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: