Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 5 April 2024

Lost over Easter - check me out!

 Friday 5th April 2024


I only went and lost 1/2lb, I'll take that after the Easter break, hopefully I can get some realism back into my diet and continue with the 1/2lb losses, I don't want to have to be extreme to lose it faster, I like my life right now and love the meals we all eat together.  Things like this pie and chips last night, well as we renamed it 'pretend pie' because there's no bottom on it!  I used a jar of Chicken Tonight, leek & bacon £1.75, chicken breast £3.25 and a packet of Jus Rol puff pastry £1.25, a green pepper 59p, frozen peas 80p and some McCains frozen chips £1.25 all on offer in Sainsbury's.  Just under £3 a portion and delicious. 


I had leftover stew for my lunch with a couple of slices of bread and that as always was delicious, even Aryn ate what was left and he doesn't like onions and only tolerates carrots but inhaled a huge portion.

Today I'm thinking cauliflower cheese with cod fishcakes, maybe give them a bit of garlic bread with theirs to fill them up.  I've still got taco spaghetti on my meal list to cook, fancy gammon one day too, plus  Cheesy Pepperoni Pasta Bake came up in my timeline from a year ago so might make that one day too.  My sister got me a cook book there's a couple of recipes in their I fancy, chorizo hash and breakfast quesadillas, oh and kofta with homemade flatbreads.  Nice!  

Going to write a shopping list so I get the things I need to make those meals, plus use up some of the food we have in the freezer, although that's mostly sides apart from the joints and steak from when I buy in bulk from Facebook Taylors butchers, we might have fillet steak this weekend too, that always goes down well and it didn't cost much more than stewing beef when I bought it kg for kg! 

Yesterday I consumed as many calories as I burned so no deficit but I'm tracking and learning my patterns.  The peanuts have gone now thankfully, I left the open packet on the side knowing himself would eat them and he didn't disappoint, I've had 40g of them two days running just because they're there and that's 243 calories for 40g, they're not even that good anymore - not enough salt on them, seriously, I get we need to be healthier but when I want salted peanuts - I WANT SALTED PEANUTS not semi salted! 

I was gonna get stuff done today, but when I said I was gonna sort the clothes drawers out this morning, he said, 'it ain't that important is it' so I ain't going to bother, I really do want to do some ironing but I'm thinking I might not feel like doing that today!  We'll see....

It's Friday, my day off where I don't actually have to do ANY work, work at all and I have the tele to myself, so I'm going to enjoy it, I can always iron on Monday or do it Sunday make him think I'm a busy, domestic goddess :) 

Have a great day, I plan too, I'm going to work on bringing that calorie intake down, but still enjoying what I eat.

Mwah, luv ya


Love me xx




No comments: