Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 27 April 2024

Baps and Bakes!

Saturday 27th April 2024


I survived another day, not just any day - A Friday, not just any Friday but one where he was at home too, but I did not cave I survived and I finished on good form.

 


835 calorie difference there comparing what I burned to what I ate, Fiona suggests we change 'Deficit' to 'Buffer Zone', if you have more deficit, it's a bigger bugger! I like that, definitely a bigger buffer for me yesterday. My week so far; 


Now to make it through the weekend! 

Food was good yesterday, for Breakfast I made mushroom and onion omelette baps, delicious and I could've easily eaten two but one was enough, I wasn't hungry again until I made our dinner at 6.30!  I made it with 4 eggs, 150g chestnut mushrooms 1/2tbs oil and a medium onion, oh and a splash of milk.  I put cheese slices on his but mine didn't need it.

  

We were out and about a bit running errands, he asked about lunch at half two so I gave him some toasted teacakes I wanted using and I had a cuppa because I wasn't hungry.

Aryn and I went to gym after he'd finished school and I managed 10 minutes on the treadmill walking and 10 minutes on the bike, improving daily.  I smiled to myself when we were walking round a few shops yesterday realising I wasn't in agony like I have been in the last year or so, it's so good to be able to function like a 'normal' human who's legs work! 

Dinner time was easy Tuna pasta bake, cheap and cheerful, I bought 6 cans of tuna from Farm foods for £4.50, I used 3 of these, one each, I know some people would use less but for £2.25 that's a cheap source of protein!   
These were from Aldi, I love this cheese, Aryn likes frozen mixed veggies so that's a result. 
  

I used Heinz soup because I'd bought them on offer 12 cans for £10 a while ago but home branded soup is only 62p and it works just fine, my pasta was £1.29 a bag.  

The meal cost well under a fiver for 3 people, it could've fed 4 or 5 for under the fiver with the addition of a bit more pasta and cheese

Tuna £2.25
Pasta - I used 70g per person - 27p
cheese I used 80g to top it - 50p
Soup 83p
Mixed veg - I used 80g per person  24p

Total cost £4.09 

I did put a handful of spinach in there too because I had it but it didn't need it.  I cook the frozen veg in the same pan as the pasta, then drain when cooked, stir the tuna and soup into the pasta and veg, then put in a baking dish topped with the cheese and either brown under the grill or I did it in the oven because I had a pizza in there. 

I cooked a yellow sticker reduced pizza for them to share instead of garlic bread, I fancied a little taste so did this to make it so they still had 2 slices each :) I tracked it too!

  

I was cold all day yesterday, I seem to be cold in the day and them wake up sweating at night, can't win with the temperature control at the minute, I put the heating on in the end, I'm not being cold and we'd had a frost yesterday, my car was white over when I woke up!  Summer - where are you?  We've obviously skipping spring!

Another good day planned, I've already thought about our main meal as I've had an extra bit of time this morning thanks to Minnie waking us up throwing herself at the door to get our attention! 

I'm thinking Chicken in tempura batter with couscous and tenderstem brocolli, all I have already.  I have more buns to be used too, I've got some veggie bean burgers in the freezer I want to use too so if Aryn wakes and comes down before lunchtime, we could all have one of those for lunch, I won't tell them what they are, I'll just make them and see what they think.

Right I better get ready for work, I'm watching Minnie plan with a pellet of wood which has come from her litter tray and Coco is sat on the table considering attacking her!  Mad house, I live in a mad house and I love it!

Despite all the things life throws at us, the usual daily struggles that most of us go through as we were driving to the shops yesterday, I found myself thinking, 'I love my life', I said it out loud too because I want him to know he makes my world a better place.  Don't get me wrong - he drives me mad, the crap I have to sit next to him and watch for starters, deep sigh but the good outweighs the silly daft stuff, you can't beat cuddling up on the sofa and watching tele.

On that soppy note, I'll say have a great weekend, tell people you love them!

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x



No comments: