Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 20 April 2024

Eating out twice - oops!

Saturday 20th April 2024



Well I didn't track yesterday , I ate out twice, I know I said I would but I chose not too because I got to enjoy time with my family.  It started with breakfast at the Toby carvery - very good and out of curiosity I have just tracked it using the Nutracheck app and it was 1345 calories!  It was delicious I have to say and honestly I could've gone all day and not eaten again because I had so much!  I wasn't taken with the Yorkshire pudding, it was a bit thin and dry - now I'm a yorkie lover so was curious to try with breakfast, it says it has roasted onion and bacon bits - I missed that, mine was just boring and I only ate two mouthfuls.  I did eat 3 sausages though, they were lush but 651 calories for 3 servings is a serving 1 sausage - it must be - oops!

Anyway, I did a little bit of gardening with himself, we removed another huge shrub from the front garden, we took the motorhome to have a diesel heater fitted to it, I sat waiting for him in my car for an hour whilst he talked about 'stuff' with the bloke, borinhell, but he loves it, I was happy in my car with my audiobook and a bit of candy crush.  

By the time we'd been to the tip with the garden waste, I just didn't fancy cooking for them especially as I wasn't that hungry, well he suggested we go eat out to save me the hassle and have curry.  Who am I to disagree, we were seated at six, I was really impressed too.

  

I had tandoori lamb - lush, followed by chicken tikka masala not very imaginative I know but I fancied it, I did have it with Arabian rice which was sweet & fruity and had almonds in too.  It was nice, but I'd stick to pilau next time, Aryn had a really nice rice think it was the keema pilau, we'd all eat that one again.
  
Himself had a lamb madras and Aryn had a duck dish, the madras was delicious, I got a taste and the flavour and depth of the curry before the kick at the end was delicious.  I like to try everyone's dinner to make sure it's not been poisoned, seriously though its a way of finding out if you'd like it yourself isn't it ;-)  We all had poppadoms and he had onion bhaji starter which looked tasty, I didn't try that one.  

  

Now there's not loads of meat in the masala, but it meant I didn't eat all the sauce, I have bought it home with me though, I can add some chicken to it today and I've got another meal.  I only ate a bit of the rice too, the rice is in a tub in the kitchen, I reckon it would be nice cold as a rice salad.  Aryn's a machine, he'll snack on that!   My meal was easily 1137, that was without eating it all of course, it would've been more  At least I've tracked after all, see it's not that difficult even if it's not pretty at over 3,000 calories!

Yeah it was nice to have a meal together where I've woken up this morning and there's not washing up, of course that wasn't the highlight of it, eating together and chatting without a tele on was.  

I've remembered to take meat out of the freezer so we have food for today, think I'm going to take the last leg of lamb out too, that was my bargain £15 one, there's a Sunday dinner in that and possibly a curry with the leftovers or maybe a lamb stew if I cut the meat off before I cook the leg?! I've never made a lamb stew!  We shall see...

First I've got a huddle to get too, looking forward to my day, no clue what we're doing if anything, I like doing nothing!

I had a chat on the phone with my brother too, he was upset over the loss of a friend but by the end of the call, I think we'd helped him feel better.  Life can change in a heartbeat which is why we shouldn't put things off or ignore things.  We honestly shouldn't be eating out at the minute but meh, that's what savings are for, we've not had a holiday so the odd meal out when we get the chance to be together is a necessary luxury - eating good food is one thing that brings the three of us together. 

Here's to a lovely weekend, be nice if it didn't rain wouldn't it! 

Mwah, luv ya


Love me 
  




No comments: