Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 22 April 2024

Ready for the week - are you?

 Monday 22nd April 2024


A lovely weekend had in this house, nice and relaxed, pottered about in the garden, had a diesel heater fitted to the motorhome which will save us money in no time.  We have struggled to get a gas bottle a few times now and the last time was because it was coming up to Easter and everyone had decided to get one at the same time, we ended up paying £59 for something we usually pay £40 odd for and they've gone up since we started with it only a couple of years ago.  The cost of electricity when on a camp site has gone up too, so 10 days cost him £100 in total for gas/elec (he feels the cold bless him!) This diesel heater can also use kerosene so he's a happy boy now and it's been plumbed into our existing heating system so we can use either / or.  If you have a camper or motorhome and are interested, here's the chaps details who did ours vanlifefix.com | diesel heater | cosford shropshire England, UK or facebook (1) vanlifefix | Facebook.  He got in touch with us after he'd seen me post a question about them on Facebook, I like initiative like that!

That took up a bit of time going to take it and pick it up, the traffic on the M54 caught us out on Saturday as they'd closed the lanes between J3 and 4 for roadworks so we were stuck there for half hour!  

I found some fillet steak in the freezer that I'd had from Taylors butchers (1) Facebook when it was on offer, we ate outside for the first time this year and it was delicious!  


We ended up spending Saturday night with next door in the garden drinking, I would've been okay with just my wine calorie wise but Cheryl came out with a Mint Bailey's to try and it wasn't a small glass!  It's like drinking after eight mints, nice but I can live without it in my life at 156 calories per 50ml - ouch! 

Sunday was a lazy day, it's not very often I feel I should be doing something, yesterday was one of them, I soon talked myself out if it and we watched tele, the second series of Blue Lights is brilliant!  We ate outside again and had a lamb dinner, that was the frozen one I'd had from Farm Foods for £15, I like that price compared to the £36 it would cost you today in Sainsburys!  Trying to get our portions a little more under control, normally I'd do two types of spud, and too much food full stop!


Weirdly I fancied the Christmas pudding I hadn't eaten at Christmas and it was delicious! 

These sausages from Lidl's are delicious if a little high in calories 347 for two, had a sandwich for breakfast Sunday with those - so good.  


Now it's Monday and I have so much to do, I don't like being a grown up and I don't want to adult at all today!  I've just done my physio, loaded the washing machine, managed to dry yesterdays on the line outside.  I've got a huddle chat to plan, a house that looks like it's been hit by a bomb and food shopping to get done.  What I want to do is get my jigsaw out and waste a few hours but I won't, I need to wash the covers on the sofa, mop the floors all that boring stuff.  It'll look lovely when it's done though and at least I've got the house to myself to do it.  

The sooner I start, the sooner I finish I guess, so here's to getting stuff done!  Hope your day goes well.


Mwah, luv ya


Love me  

No comments: