Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 9 April 2024

Chips in a chip pan full of lard - lush!

Tuesday 9th April 2024



A morning of planning our huddle yesterday and doing a bit of housework, then I nipped to the supermarket for lamb mince and kebab seasoning, I went to Aldi first for the mince because I knew it was a pound cheaper and it's next door to Sainsbury's at Reedswood so not like I'm wasting fuel driving.  Next time I might use pork mince as that's £1.80 cheaper than the lamb and I think it would be as tasty with the seasoning. 
 
I had to go to Sainsbury's for the kebab seasoning, now by the time I got there, I'd realised I'd lost my debit card so I had to pay cash and I wasn't paying attention as I was trying to work out where it might be and blocking it.  I didn't find it, it's been cancelled, not used and another is on it's way but anyway. 

Because I was distracted I picked the chicken kebab mix up rather than the Sainsbury's one which I'll try next time, but the Colman's one was on offer for 60p cheaper yesterday.  

  

I made donor meatballs for tea using the mince, a grated onion, some crushed garlic, salt & pepper I did add some chopped mint but I think it could've done without that tbh.  Left it to marinade for a couple of hours, I got 12 x 50g meatballs from the mix which I cooked in the airfryer for 15 minutes with some peppers and served in flatbreads.  


Now as if that wasn't delicious enough, I've been craving home made chips like mom used to make, in a chip pan, cooked in lard!  My sister gave me her chip pan to try and I went and got the lard cost me £2.50 to fill the pan but that's reusable and the spuds were 30p and fed the 3 of us!  Oh my word the entire meal was delicious, I could've eaten a plate full of those chips, I gave the lads more, luckily the pans not massive so it only cooked 600g worth of potatoes but we were all satisfied with our meal, we all agreed we'd eat it again.   763 calories but as good as having kebab and chips from chippy, it would be lower in a pitta bread and I like them too, with lots of mixed salad, I could cook the meatballs as skewer kebabs or in a piece to slice.  

Regarding lard being 'unhealthy' well there's new info that says it's better than veggie oils!  I need to research it more for myself and to decide what I think.  I do however think a balance of everything is okay and enjoying food is as important as it's health benefits.  I felt like a kid again dishing up those chips last night, making sure I didn't give one more chips than the other so they wouldn't squabble like we did as kids.  I now have a egg and chips meal on my to eat list, I've also got gammon so maybe we can combine the three, we wouldn't have had the gammon as kids but we're posh in comparison to the life we had back then :) 

I did indulge in a happy meal from Maccy's too, had a notification from my app when I was out to say £1.99 for a happy meal, so I had cheeseburger, fries and juice for 637 calories.  See calorie counting is liveable.   

I manged 25 active minutes, 9.5k steps and burned 2,304 calories, finished off with a 7hr 50 m sleep - bliss!  I consumed 1961 calories so there's a deficit there too.  Feeling good, I can feel a difference in my shape too, my hips have gone down a bit I noticed this morning.  Need to stay motivated and remember why I'm doing it.  

On that note here's to a great day, keeping it real and enjoyable, I don't want to be a miserable thin bird - I love food and wine too much, I'll settle for being a healthy, curvy wench! 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me 




No comments: