Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 24 April 2024

Gotta love a pie....

 Wednesday 24th April 2024


Another day in the bag, yes I was over my allowance, but I ended the day under what I'd burned on my fit bit, so that's success to me.  As long as my weight isn't going up, I'm good and I'm long past letting it get me down, do my best that's enough for me. 

I love food, I love a bargain and I don't like waste so yesterday when I went shopping there was a block of shortcrust pastry reduced to 80p, I rolled it out and made a pie with the leftover lamb and gravy from Sunday, I was impressed with how much was left to say they had sandwiches Sunday night as well.  

The pie worked well, lads want it again, so that's a success.  It was high on calories at 1155 calories but if I hadn't had the cupcake I was given because of Josie's birthday, I'd have been within my allowance, proving you can have pie and high calorie meals. 

  

I had some chicken thighs that needing using yesterday so I've cooked them and we'll eat today, 15-20 minutes in the air fryer, I mixed some tandoori masala and yogurt together and let them marinade all afternoon and they look good, I'm going to take them off the bone and think I'll serve them in pitta breads or wraps, we'll see what I fancy later.  I don't have much in the way of salad, but they're not a fan anyway, but I do have spinach, peppers and a bit of lettuce I think.  


He came home early again yesterday, I got back from work and shopping at 2 and he walked in at 2.15!  Seriously, I was making the pie and planning an hour chilling before Aryn got home and I had to go back to work!  Third time lucky ay, let's see if I get a full afternoon to myself today....

But first I need to go get ready for work, physio complete, the cleaning workout Monday has left me in pain but it'll ease off, my arthritis in my hands is a bitch, we can thank the damp weather for that I think.

Here's to a good day whatever comes our way! 

Go easy on yourself if you're struggling, things can be hard and like I've always said, when life's easy - weight loss is easier, when life's hard well yeah, it's harder but the secret is to go easy on yourself, do what you can and don't give up on yourself because you matter!  Talk it out too, voicing your shit helps, we prove it regularly in our huddles. 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x


No comments: