Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 8 April 2024

Here's to a great week - ignore the rain!

Monday 8th April 2024


We've had a lovely chilled out weekend, we did indulge in a Chinese takeaway on Saturday but it was within my calories, especially as the chow mein I ordered was not good, I didn't eat it, too wet, not how I believe a chow mein should be so I only had pancake roll and egg fried rice.  I can cook my own chow mein and shall be doing this week I think, either chicken or maybe porkas one of our dinners.  I'm going to try and master egg fried rice, I found a recipe once on youtube but I can't find it now and it's doing my nut in but I'll have a go and see if I can make similar.  It'll save us some money next time, yes it's nice not having to cook but when I can cope with cooking.

Yesterday I made breakfast quesadillas from the cook book my sister treated me too, they were similar to what I made the boys at Christmas, we agreed it needed a bit of onion to add some extra flavour.  
 
Dinner was the taco spaghetti I fancied, now it was good but I'd make tweaks if I did it again.  Too much water in it, I'd like it dryer and I wouldn't put the cheese in at all just sprinkle some on top.  The lads demolished theirs, Aryn had seconds but agreed less water. Best Taco Spaghetti Recipe - How To Make Taco Spaghetti (delish.com) I also used to taco seasoning sachets.


We watched Renegade Nell on Disney plus yesterday, really good, definitely recommend it.  

Oh so good news, I had a last minute appointment at the hospital for my back on Saturday, they rang me Thursday to say I could go if I wanted, hell yeah, especially as I was told it was 53 weeks to see someone so that would've been the end of the year.  I'd gone for a walk Friday proving that the weight loss and physio does seem to be making a difference.  Anyway the outcome, he was really pleased with my progress and said if I'm happy to continue with the physio for now, he would leave me with an open appointment, he explained my symptoms would go up and down regularly.  He also said I could have injections if I got to a point that I couldn't handle the pain and if they didn't work, it would be surgery!  When I pulled my scary face, his said, "it's not that bad, a rod and some pins in your spine" ERM, that sounds scary bad to me and something I'm not ready to consider at this time.  I will continue to do whatever I can to help myself.  I was pleased I got to see my MRI scan, because I'd done so much personal research, I actually could understand the image - I like to understand things!

Starting today feeling positive, I've done an hours physio, I'm over the moon how my body handled that long walk on Friday and I want to see if I can do it again, maybe try the treadmill at the gym tonight with Aryn.  My knees playing me up but I don't care about that for now as I've had it for years, yes it seized up and popped in the night on Saturday but hey it reminded me I'm alive lol.

Here's to a wonderful day, I'm starting it by treating myself to having my nail done - can't afford it - don't care, it's a treat and I enjoy it!

Hope you're feeling good starting your week too, let's take care of ourselves shall we?

Mwah, luv u


Love me xx


No comments: