Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 14 December 2017

The best things come to those who don't give up!



14th December 2017
Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things will always work out.  (Gordon B Hinckley)

Well how glad am I that snow that started falling last night hasn’t stuck, I for one am not dreaming of a white Christmas!  On a positive I now have a lovely freshly painted hall, stairs and landing and he’s coming back tomorrow to do the living room, then that’s everywhere freshly painted and just the last few bits in the kitchen left to do, I now have a lovely house all I need to happen now is for me to get my tidy on and give it a good sort but I’ll do that over Christmas I think because for now I just need to shake of this virus.  I know it’s a virus because when I took mom to the doctors for her flu jab yesterday the nurse insisted I see the doctor (I must have sounded bad) and he listened to my chest and at the moment it’s all good, so it is viral, plenty of fluids (the kettles already on) and paracetamol.  I’ve got trainees with me today so they can lighten my load as my voice isn’t doing too good, it keeps disappearing but we managed last night, I have a way of making myself heard when it’s needed. 
My highlight of the day yesterday was Dave getting his 100lb certificate, those last few pounds have evaded him for months and months but thanks to Flex he’s done it and we were all thrilled to bits for him last night.  Just an incredible journey, having said that each and every one of the chaps that come to my Wednesday night meeting have their own stories and they are all incredible, I’m so proud of all of them and the weight they have lost is amazing.  See Weight Watchers isn’t just for the girls.

I kept my eating simple yesterday, had an omelette for breakfast, curry lentil soup for lunch and for my tea I had leftovers from in the week, I know I’m poorly when it’s just food!  I have a feeling today won’t be much different, might go with ready meals from freezer to use them up, yeah that’s a plan, not thinking today if I can help it. 

I’ve just looked out the window and there’s the most beautiful crescent moon, the universe truly is spectacular, it’s very clever too, I know it’s given me this virus to tell me I need to slow down because when you overdo everything, your body gets sick and you can’t keep going.  I’m listening, I’m doing the bare minimum until I’m well.  The housework can wait until I’m recovered, cooking will be simple and I’ll work my way through my wardrobe to save washing.

Oh I could eat this morning though, so that’s a good sign as I wasn’t fussed yesterday, I know there’s sausages in the fridge, I’ll cook them.  I’m gonna go cos I have nothing to say really, other than stay on track or as on track as you can because those members not giving up, even though they’re going out, having a bit of what they fancy, they are still pulling off weight losses.  You don’t have to be perfect to get results.

Take care of you BeYOUtiful. xx





No comments: