Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 10 December 2017

Snowy Sunday & I don't care!



10th December 2017
Never forget missing someone is truly a gift. If they never meant anything, you’d never notice they’d gone.



I wrote that last night whilst reading someone else’s post about how much they missed their dad all these years later and I sat and thought wow how much love must there have been in that relationship to think about them as often now as she would’ve done then.  I rarely think about my dad, he wasn’t the best dad but he wasn’t a bad bloke, we are all products of our upbringing and our choices, there is no right or wrong really, just our personal beliefs.  Anyway getting too deep for a Sunday morning, I’m just sat here glad I don’t have to be anywhere for at least 2 days because it’s still white over and it’s started to come down again, bah humbug!



I had an epic savoury sarnie yesterday morning, perfect for a snowy day, I made it using the savoury chicken mince from the Penn Road Butchers, so it’s like a sausage without the skin and the hassle of trying to cook a sausage all the way round, and you just flip the pattie!  for brekkie 1sp per 100g! Blooming deliciousness.  Then to take it to a whole other level, the very talented Karen did her own version of pancakes with sausage and syrup made with the same chicken sausage meat Karens = 6sp. McD’s = 26sp. Totally yummy were her words.

40g porridge oats whizzed up fine. 
1/2 tsp baking powder. 
1 Egg. 1 tbsp 0% fat yoghurt. 
100g chicken sausage meat.





I’ll have to venture out the door to walk Alfie and we need bread and milk, there ain’t a lot going on in my fridge but I’m thinking ready meals from the freezer today to make some room and use them up.  Maybe do an online shop today save me going to the supermarket at all and wasting money on tempting stuff I don’t need!

Oh we did have a giggle at my meeting yesterday morning, as you can imagine we were low on numbers, I was relieved the roads were absolutely fine to get there though, apart from the smaller side roads, the council had done its gritting duties well.  My members loved the curried lentil bake samples, they sang Happy Birthday to Susan and then they sang “I will survive”, it was brilliant.  Even before the members arrived me and my helpers had the crack, I do love to catch up with them on a Saturday morning and now my life is getting back to normal without the extra stuff that I was doing for Mentor Champ like 100 mile round trips on my day off, my energy levels are back up and I’m not exhausted by Saturday so enjoy being there even more because I’m not wishing I was still in bed.

My afternoon was spent walking Alfie twice, crocheting and watching Christmas movies, then we had a very early night at 8pm to make up for the 3 and 4am rises I’ve had this week, feeling restored again, although I’ve got a head cold that needs to do one.  I think I’ll just do more of the same today without the going to work bit first.  I’ve even got my meetings planned for the next two weeks thanks to that 3am start, so I don’t have to do anything work related today other than chat to my members on Facebook because I want to.

Tina tagged me in a post this morning and reminded me of my chicken chow mein recipe, I may need to cook that now

Chicken Chow Mein
Serves 4, 7 Smart Points per serving 29sp total

150g (5oz) cooked chicken (cut into thin strips)
1 tbsp oil (4sp)
¼ tsp white pepper
¼ tsp chopped garlic
240g dried egg noodles (22sp)
Bean sprouts (1 handful)
½ small onion (sliced)
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp dark soy sauce (1sp)
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil (2sp)

Cook noodles by soaking in boiling water for 5-10 minutes or until soft to touch. Clean wok, heat wok until hot and slightly smoky. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add the chicken and onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Turn to low heat and add the garlic and stir-fry for another 15 seconds.

Now add the bean sprouts and noodles. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the noodles are soft. Add the salt, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce.

Stir-fry for another minute. Finally add the pepper and sesame oil and stir in.
There are lots of recipes on this website but remember they haven’t been re-pointed since the introduction of Flex.


Well I’ve started my day with a pint of water and the best mug of tea ever, it always tastes better if it’s in your favourite mug and my favourite at the moment is a big one that says, “your vibe attracts your tribe”, it’s the best pressie I’ve had in a long time, only thing that would’ve made it better would’ve been if it had been a set of 6 ;) or she’d told me where I can buy another 5.

Right it’s going to be a good day because not only have I just completed 3 levels on Candy Crush whilst typing this blog (multitasking at its best) but my fingers don’t hurt as much as they have been lately so who knows maybe the crocheting is actually helping them, either that or my hormones balancing out has reduced the inflammation in my body a little, whichever my hands don’t hurt so much so it’s all good.

Here’s to a superb Sunday, enjoy your family and friends and take care of you BeYOUtiful xx

No comments: