Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 9 December 2017

Snow - Bah Humbug



9th December 2017
You are enough! Let me repeat that so it gets through – You are enough!
Well what’s going on with the weather ay? I’m not a fan of this white stuff and once I get back from my meeting this morning, other than to walk Alfie, I’m going nowhere until Tuesday, horrid weather.  This weekend will mostly be about Christmas movies, crochet and healthy comfort food!  Mmm perfect winter weekend.
 
Oh I almost forgot let me go check day 3 of my self-care challenge…
 
Oh dear, it’s meet up with friends but we’ve cancelled because of the weather, you know what, I’m going to spend the morning with friends in my meeting and some of us are going for breakfast next Saturday morning so that’ll count as this one, also I’m spending the entire weekend with my very best friend in the whole wide world, my very longest friend, my world, my mom so that counts.
 
Next Saturday’s self-care challenge is read something that makes you happy so I’ll do that today too, then I’ll have switched the challenges.
 
Remember it’s never about being perfect and doing everything exactly as planned, it’s about making sure we prioritise ourselves in our own lives, whether than be doing things we enjoy, making sure we feed ourselves good, healthy food or just giving ourselves a break and allowing ourselves to stop and rest.
 
I had a couple of hours to myself yesterday, I watched a movie whilst crocheting, I cooked me a lovely meal, using the chicken breast sausage meat, I made meatballs and cooked them on my George Foreman, in my pan I cooked some button mushrooms with philidelphia light, bit of milk, I could’ve added garlic and mustard if I’d thought about it. Had it with linguine and it was delicious.
 
I also cooked some samples for my members (I’ll post the curried lentil bake recipe at the end of this blog again because it’ll save last night’s members searching for it – they loved it).  I still think the sweet potato could be replaced with butternut squash or maybe swede and that would bring the recipe down to 4sp for the oil!
 
I also found this recipe on my hard drive when I was searching for something else yesterday, from memory I remember it being tasty, great for this time of year when everyone’s having nibbles.
 
Zero PP spicy dip

One jar of roasted red peppers (in brine)
blend to a pulp in food processor or with hand blender
Add the stalks from a bunch of coriander, a clove of garlic and two fresh red chillies (seeds in if you like it really hot, removed if you don't.) Season with salt. Add juice of half a lemon.

Blend again until everything is finely blended.

Turn out into a dipping bowl

Gorgeous!

You could use some Smart Points and cut a tortilla wrap into small Dorito like triangles and baked in the oven till crisp. (About five mins on 150c)

Right I better go get washed and dressed and get my car road worthy, scrape all that snow and ice off it!  Here’s to staying safe BeYOUtiful, take care of you ALWAYS in every way. xx

Curried Lentil Bake – 12sp total
Lentils cooked with vegetables, egg and sweet potato to make a perfect baby and kid friendly bake. Cut into finger size pieces and pack any left overs into a lunch box.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes

1 tbsp oil (4sp)
1 onion (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
 2 medium carrots (finely chopped)
1 tbsp curry powder
175g red split lentils
 580ml (580ml) vegetable stock
240g sweet potato (cut into approx. 1 cm cubes) (8sp)
70g frozen peas
3 eggs (lightly beaten)

I have this small electric veg chopper that I use to chop the veg, it works a treat.  
Cost me about £15, might be cheaper in the January sales.


 I'd post a pic but my internet is on a real go slow this morning!
  1. Pre heat oven to 180C/350F/Gas4
  2. Heat oil in pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots then reduce the heat to low and cook for approx. 10 mins (until softened.)
  3. Add the curry powder and cook for a further minute
  4. Add the lentils & stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until cooked, soft and stock absorbed (approx. 20 mins)
  5. Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a pan and fry the sweet potato cubes, on a low heat, for approx. 10min. (add a little water if needed)
  6. Once lentils are cooked, allow to cool slightly and then add the potato, egg and peas. Stir until combined.
  7. Place the mixture in a greased, ovenproof dish (mine was 10" x 7.5")
  8. Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins or until set and golden (mine took 35 mins) but timings will vary with ovens.
  9. Slice and serve.




No comments: