Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 23 December 2017

And then there was one...



23rd December 2017
It’s not what’s under the tree that matters, it’s who’s gathered around it.

Well the shops were a little bit crazy busy yesterday, I have to say though the shop assistants in Sainsbury’s were an absolute credit to their company, they were all polite, friendly and as helpful as they could be, which to say how much they had to do and how they were being spoken to by some was impressive. 

I’m already, got my twiglets and advocaat so Christmas can now commence!  To get me even more in the spirit we pulled crackers and wore party hats in my meeting last night, now once I’ve done my meeting this morning and had my massage, I don’t even have to leave the house if I don’t want to.  I will of course as there’s an Alfie to be walked but I wouldn’t have to, that’s what I like the thought of.

My shopping took me longer than expected which threw my morning out a little so I only nipped briefly over to the Yum Tums Christmas lunch club but I’m glad I did, they looked like they were having lots of fun and Lisa had sorted the gifts my members had donated so that each child had a goodie bag, a gift with their name on and a selection box, the rest (because they were so many) were going to the local hostel for their children, so that’s another wonderfully good deed my members have done, they never let me down with their generosity.

I’ve got so much nice food to eat over the holiday, meals I mean, I stood looking at the pork pies and sausage rolls and walked away thinking I don’t want guaranteed heartburn hell.  I have bought a beef and marrowbone pie me and Alfie are truly going to enjoy, my bestie is coming today, I might feed us with this if she’s hungry, we have a fridge full of food for her to choose from.  Here’s to getting back on track next Saturday, but enjoying myself in-between, this is my holiday, my week off, Christmas, I’m celebrating and enjoying it all at once.

Just noticed my Pinterest feed is filling up with all that “goal setting for 2018”, “become a new you” stuff.  I’ve just had a quick look and I like the one that says, ‘Learn to be your own best friend’ think about it you are the only person you have to spend your entire life with, it’s a good idea to get on.  Talking about getting on, why not unfollow anyone on social media who makes you feel bad in any way, heck go one step further unfollow them in real like too!  Spend more time with the people you actually care about and spend more time making yourself a priority – it’s not selfish, it’s self-care and it’s completely necessary. 

I like the idea of tracking our daily diet, not just when we’re ‘being good’ but all the time, are we eating our five a day, drinking our water, we’re grownups, it’s time for us to start being responsible and taking care of ourselves. 

Actually, I was going to start a new journal next Saturday after my ‘week off overindulging’ but you know what, nah I’m gonna start it today, because I never finish one as I start it with too high expectations and as soon as I start to not be ‘perfect’ I stop writing it, so if I start with my worst possible week ever, things can only get better.

How about we make 2018 the year of being imperfect, of not trying to be ‘on it’ all the time, of realising it’s not in the big grand gestures and enthusiastic starts, it’s about the little things we do, day in, day out, constantly – it’s about being the best we can be and loving ourselves regardless.

2018 the year of healthy and happy – you up for that, I’m going to spend my weekend filling in my new journal, I’m not putting it off, I’m going to chuckle at the first few pages of over-eating, it’ll be educational, it’ll show me the foods I’ve indulged but also I’m going to note how I feel because I’ve noticed I’ve been having more indigestion so maybe the pleasure of the food, isn’t worth the pain of the after effects, this week will help me make that decision.

Right I’m off to get ready for work, 6am, last early morning for a week, unless I want to get up early of course – that’s a completely different thing, the alarm going off at 5am isn’t the same as naturally waking at 5am because you well rested. 

Have a wonderful day BeYOUtiful, if you’re shopping today, stay calm, smile at folk and do what I didn’t sing a Christmas tune as you walk round, don’t buy into the rushed crazy, it’ll all get done in the end and if it isn’t – it won’t matter.


No comments: