Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Excited for food shop!



20th December 2017
I still believe in Father Christmas!  He may not be the one that puts the presents under the tree, but his spirit works through us each time we give freely without expectation.

Thanks to Night Nurse I’ve had me a lie in and a good sleep – all hail the Night Nurse.  Busy day today, off to do my main food shop for Christmas, not been to supermarket for a couple of weeks so it’s gonna be fun, however I’m not going to go ridiculous, the shops aren’t closed for more than a day.  We will be having some niceness though, I don’t mean junk, more tasty meals stuff that I wouldn’t necessary have the rest of the year, either because of the Smart Point content or the price, yeah bring on the Christmas cheese and cracker plates, the deli buffet nibbles mmm, I want me some vol-au-vents, pizza, dips, salami, oh I’m getting all food smiley here.  I need to get back in control, therefore my mantra of the day is “I will not overbuy”. 

Yesterday’s meetings were great, my members are still keeping it under control, I handed out certificates and the weight losses were great, those not losing were maintaining or keeping the gains in check and everyone was positive they were going to enjoy Christmas and get back on track.

2018 is going to be the year of the FLEX!

I’m getting me a new tracker journal ready, my kitchen will be ready for filling with healthy foods, my shopping list will include all the zero heroes, January will be the month of fruit & veg, unsmoked fish, chicken, eggs, beans, peas, lentils and fat-free plan yogurt.  I’m actually looking forward to it!  I’ll use some of my relaxing break to get some meal ideas ready and I’ll hit the ground running I reckon along with all my members on Saturday 30th.  I’m not a lover of New Year’s Eve so I won’t be out partying, it’ll be a normal Sunday night for me, I’m usually in bed and woke up by fireworks.

This is one of my favourite simple sweet Flex recipes, which will become a new regular in our house because mom needs to start getting healthy with me too. We both need to drop a stone for starters.

Peach fool
Serves 4, SmartPoints per serving 0 or No Count
2 small cans peaches in juice, drained
150g Quark
300g 0% fat natural Greek yogurt

·         Puree the peaches until smooth.
·         Separately mix quark and yogurt together.
·         Layer the puree and quark mixture into small glasses and add a swirl on top. Chill for at least an hour before serving.

Might give the banana pancakes another go too,


2 ingredient pancakes
Serves 4. SmartPoints per serving 0 or No Count

4 bananas, mashed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp salt
Calorie controlled cooking spray

Optional
4 tbsp 0% fat natural Greek yogurt
1 portion blueberries
4 tsp Agave Nectar light & mild (adds 1sp to a portion)

1 In a bowl, mix the banana and egg together then add a pinch of salt.
2 Heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Mist with calorie controlled cooking spray. Drop a ladleful of the batter into the pan and swirl. Cook for 2 minutes until golden; flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat so you have 4 pancakes.
3 Serve each pancake topped with the yogurt, berries and 1 tsp of the syrup.
Yesterday someone mentioned quiche so this one needs to be made too, Angie suggested using wafer thin chicken in place of a crust.
Crustless Quiche,
No Count or 2sp with bacon

50g low fat cottage cheese (1sp)
3 eggs
Add any veg you like, onions, peppers, sweetcorn, peas etc
2 chopped bacon medallions. (1sp) replace with chicken pieces for zero.

Whisk together and cook on 180 for approx 25-30 mins.


See finding those recipes has balanced out my Christmas gannet and I’m now in a healthier state of mind for shopping, oh yeah deck the halls with boughs of holly not fill my belly with lots of junk food, more to Christmas than food you know. 

I wrapped a few pressies yesterday, still not feeling the jolly, Christmas vibe at all, I’ve watched dozens of festive films and it’s just not happening this year, hey ho, not to worry, I’m getting a break and that’s what matters.  I may feel differently Friday when I go to the Yum Tums Christmas lunch party and see all the kids having a good time.  Until then, I’ll go put the kettle on and get ready for my busy day, got my trainees doing their final assessments tonight, exciting.

Happy Wednesday before Christmas BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: