3rd December 2017
Stop holding yourself back. If you aren’t happy, make a change.
Normally I’m awake by 6, but today I’ve slept till half 7 and the workmen came about half 8, is that not typical, not to worry it’ll all get down. The living room needed emptying this morning – that was fun – not! But first I had a mug of tea!
I felt quite bad being out all day yesterday and leaving my mom and sister to the chaos that is having your entire downstairs floor tiled, thankfully they didn’t make it as far as the living room so today mom and I shall be hanging out upstairs with papers and tea (no tv up here).
I am looking at a weight gain tomorrow, we had a delicious buffet at our area meeting yesterday, now today I can’t access the kitchen so I’ve had a co-op sarnie for breakfast! No idea what’s gonna be dinner but it’s likely to be ‘fast’. I’m so ready for some time off at Christmas, time for mom and me to chill and relax and hopefully for mom to get well, she’s not 100% at the moment, her stomach problems are back and I don’t like that at all.
We both need to start eating well all the time not just when I have time, hopefully now I’ve decided to go back to being a coach only, I’ll have time again for the other important stuff like making sure we eat good healthy meals and take time to recharge every day.
I can see a day of Candy Crush and chilling, my brain won’t even work to blog anything!
The best thing on the buffet for me yesterday was quiche and I’m actually not bothered about the pastry, I just love the egg mixture so here’s a couple of recipes for crustless quiche, the beauty of the first on is you can really throw anything in.
Crustless Quiche, No Count or 2sp total
50g low fat cottage cheese (1sp) 3 eggs Add any veg you like, onions, peppers, sweetcorn, peas etc
2 chopped bacon medallions (1sp) (optional)
Whisk together and cook on 180 for approx 25-30 mins.
If you don’t like cottage cheese (although you can’t taste it in that quiche (promise), then here’s another one;
Zero Pointed easy vegetable crustless quiche (dairy free)
2 medium onions
2-3 tbsp olive oil (+ extra to grease the dish, or use coconut oil for greasing)
1 red pepper
2 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp ground black pepper
6 large eggs
50ml almond milk (or use cow’s milk if not dairy-free)
· Peel the onions and slice into crescents. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat and sauté the onions for 5 minutes until softened and starting to brown slightly.
· Meanwhile, slice the pepper, discarding the stem, seeds and membranes, and cut the courgettes into 4-5mm slices.
· Add the red pepper and courgette to the pan with the oregano, paprika and black pepper, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5-10 minutes.
· Preheat the oven to 180C. Thoroughly grease a quiche dish with olive or coconut oil.
· Transfer the cooked onion mixture to the greased dish. Whisk the eggs and milk together and pour over the vegetables.
· Bake at 180C for 45-50 minutes, until set, slightly risen, and beginning to brown.
Okay I’m off to do not a lot, enjoy your Sunday BeYOUtiful.