Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 18 May 2017

Oh ma'an who am I trying to kid!



18th May 2017
Let's not try to figure out everything at once.


My helper asked me what kind of week I'd had and I said I gained, her response was, "really, your meals look great though?", she obviously sees what I post on Facebook and yesterday was no exception, I posted my breakfast which was bacon, egg, toast, tomatoes, mushrooms was 8sp and my tea which was a delicious 9sp - a side can be a main & you can take advantage of meal deal bargains!

So far so good yeah, sounds like I'm on track!  However, I didn't post the 21sp I had for my lunch, chicken tikka masala from M&S and it was supposed to serve two and we had one each, I didn't read the box! OUCH!  Then I'd had a packet of WW bakes at the meeting another 2sp and a glass of red for 6sp when I got, not forgetting the sandwich I had after the salad which cost me another 8sp at last, more likely 10sp.  Oh and then there's the milk in my coffee, they delivered semi skimmed instead of skimmed.  That's how easy it is to make a bad day look good on Facebook.  You only post the two good meals you're 'proud' of and want to use to encourage your members.   Jeez, now I've put it down in text it's a real smack in the mouth, I probably had about 60 Smart Points yesterday, no wonder I'm not losing weight.  Don't get me wrong every day's not that bad but obviously more of them are bad than are good. 

After the news yesterday about 'fat but fit is a big fat myth' you can find the news video on our Weight Watcher facebook page, if you're not already following that page, you should, find it here https://www.facebook.com/weightwatchersuk/

They posted;  
Today we’re welcoming a major study from the University of Birmingham which proves that being within a healthy weight range is THE single most important factor for good health.
View the Channel 5 News segment at a local Weight Watchers meeting to learn more about the importance of achieving and maintaining a healthy weight and how Weight Watchers can help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXg-91BwSsI&feature=youtu.be
----

The news said in the study researchers at the University of Birmingham analysed data of millions of British patients between 1995 and 2015 to see if this claim held true.

They tracked people who were obese at the start of the study (defined as people with a body mass index of 30 or more) who had no evidence of heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes at this point.
They found these people who were obese but "metabolically healthy" were at higher risk of developing heart disease, strokes and heart failure than people of normal weight.
I don't know about you but I don't really want a stroke, I've watched both my dad and my mom have them, they ain't pretty. 

"What was new from this study for me is that it showed that people who were overweight or obese were at increased risk of heart disease even though they may have been healthy in every other respect.
"Just being overweight puts you at increased risk of heart attack and stroke."
Mmm, interesting, conflicting with my beliefs a little and past research, so do I wanna take the risk?  Or do I want to get a grip and accept that even though I'm eating healthy food, I'm also eating too damn much of it right now and topping it up with not so healthy food!

My bestie (coach) once said when I was sitting in her meeting and we were all talking about getting fit and feeling healthy "how do you know what feeling really fit and healthy feels like until you get there?"  This was her response to me saying 'but I don't feel unhealthy, I feel alright!"  She had a point, maybe I could feel better than I do already, maybe I could have more energy, my hormones could be a bit more balanced out, my moods a little more stable and my get up and go, a bit more va va voom. 

Maybe.... 

That's the key word isn't it.

Without the promise, or the knowing that it will definitely be, maybe, maybe isn't enough.  The taste and pleasure of the food I'm eating now is instant, there's no maybe about that!  What may or may not happen in 10, 20, 30 years time isn't urgent enough for me to focus on. 

Am I fooling myself, hiding away from the facts, mmm, maybe!

On that note, I have some serious pondering to do today because I don't want to be a statistic, a "she knew all the risks and didn't do anything about them", I'm going to check my BMI %, I'm going to start tracking properly, and I don't just mean the meals, I'm going to start questioning the WHYs, why did I just eat that, did I need it, was it emotional, if it was, what did it actually do for me and how long did that pleasure last.  Yeah time to turn off the blinkers and take some form of control I reckon.

Happy days, here's to making it one whilst eating healthy and not hitting 30sp more than I'm supposed to be eating. Not giving myself a hard time though, I still love me and that's why I know I need to do this to take care of me.

Hope you're more on track than I've been BeYOUtiful!  We got this xx

No comments: