Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 16 May 2017

Let's get this day started!



16th May 2017
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud.
I went on a shopping trip yesterday, had me a £12 coupon for Sainsbury's, only needed to spend £60 which is hardly difficult in a supermarket these days, plus Bonnie wanted the Lego cards for her son so it had to be done.  That's the one thing you miss when doing a shop online, seeing new things on the shelves or stuff you just didn't know they had, which is why I had a good wander around.  I had my app with me for scanning and calculating and had some fun finding some new foods, I've bought these tins for in the cupboard for those days I just can't be bothered which is likely to be this week if yesterday is anything to go by, I think recipe making isn't going to be happening this week after all.

My new tins for my cupboard are;

 7sp per can
 9sp per can
 12sp per can
 14sp per can


I expected this to be loads of points,
but it was only 9sp in half pack mmmm, I've popped it in the freezer, it just about went in, I had planned to eat it but I was full after my dinner which I had stewed steak with cabbage and mash in a Yorkshire pudding, very tasty indeed.  It cost me 16sp in total and I could've saved 3sp by buying Morrison's or Co-ops giant Yorkshire instead of Aunt Bessie's.
Apparently it's National Sandwich week, they'll do anything to get you to eat stuff won't they!  Scary fact - British consumers manage to munch their way through over 11.5 billion sandwiches each year. If you laid each one end to end, they would go around the world about 44 times.  More than half of these were made and eaten in the home.  Still well over 3,500,000,000 sandwiches are purchased from UK retail or catering outlets each year.  We paid over £7,850,000,000 for them – that’s as much as 36,500 brand new Ferraris.  That means the average price of a sandwich almost £2.07.  I only ever really buy sandwiches ready made if they're reduced when I nip in the shop for something else, but again they can vary so much in Smart Points which is why it's always best to barcode scan them with the app.  I just typed Greggs sandwich into my app and a meatball melt hot sandwich is 9sp, a southern fried chicken rustic sandwich is 18sp - not a bad difference, especially when you can have a hot chicken fajita for 10sp.  It's worth looking at options for sure.

It's also Dementia Awareness Week this week, I've just logged onto the Alzheimer's website and according to them, Dementia is set to be the 21st century's biggest killer!   Show your support by sharing the poster https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/homepage/354/dementia_awareness_week_poster_maker


Lastly May is national walking month - who knew!  I have to say though that I really enjoyed my walk with my mate Vicky on Saturday afternoon, it was good to walk and have a natter at the same time, exercise in any form is good for you.  This year they're asking you to get out walking every day. 20 minutes a day - we can do that surely, I do it now with Alfie anyway, although yesterday he didn't take me very far because of the weather, I probably walked that long though round shops ;)

Right I'm off, been up an hour already and just messed about on internet to write my blog.  I need to get ready to go to work, see my lovely members, we're talking about.... well you'll need to be there to find out.

BeYOUtiful have a truly tremendous Tuesday, I plan too.

No comments: