Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 20 October 2016

Starting to notice the changes



20th October 2016
Slow progress is better than no progress

First day of week 4 for my 12 week Christmas goal - who'd have thought it!  I didn't think then day before I started that I'd have a hope in hell of sticking to the plan for 3 weeks if I'm honest, I've not struck to it for a long time, I've maintained well but after gaining some over last Christmas, I just didn't get back into it all year properly, mainly because it wasn't really bothering me.  Then suddenly, I realised I felt uncomfortable, starting my 30 minute day walks gave me the motivation to continue with the healthy eating side because the two together were bound to help me shed the pounds in such a way that I was enjoying it and I am.  I can honestly say, I don't feel like I'm 'on a diet' at all, I feel like I'm focusing more on what I'm eating and thinking about how to make those meals different, I don't want to eat the same things day in day out and I'm not and I hope to see a loss on the scales when I get weighed this morning so wish me luck!

My mantra "I'm doing this for me" is helping too, I write it at the top of my tracker every morning as a reminder and again at the end of the tracker day.  I haven't struggled but if I do, I will say it to myself too, when I've been in a bit of a "oh I've got to go for my walk" mood, I've said it then.  I'm using the time I walk to listen to audio books so it's half hour me time and I love a bit of me time.

Yep they said it would take 4 weeks for me to notice a difference and after 3 I'm noticing a massive difference in myself, my attitude has changed to the whole "eating within my points!" thing.  A lovely member asked a question in the group yesterday,

"Does anyone else find it hard to stick to 30sp a day? I used to manage on 26 pro points a day no problem but struggle with 30sp why is that I wonder?"

I thought about this question for a good while, because the truth is for the last few years I've struggled to stick to any daily allowance of any kind.  For me I've realised my reason has been because I've not wanted the 'weight loss' enough, not as much as I've wanted more food if I'm telling the truth.  We're all different obviously, but thinking back over all the times I've lost weight, once I've made my mind up that weight loss is important and something I really want for whatever reason (oh and one of my main reasons at the moment is I'm uncomfortable and I can feel the back fat returning) I just do it and I manage to find foods that I enjoy eating that are within my allowance.  Don't get me wrong I'd always like more points, it's why I'm walking to get more wine, having said that when I sat down just after 8 last night with my tea and thought, mmm wine, the "I'm doing this for me" part of me replied, "not tonight, you really want to see a loss on those scales tomorrow morning, you don't need a glass of wine tonight, you're going to bed in an hour", and I didn't bother, I had a pint of water instead, watched a bit of tv, left some of my dinner because I was full and went to bed happy.

I'm still eating delicious food that's the main thing for me!

We had a brilliant time at the meeting last night, I had my Sous Chef help me with my cooking demo, Suman cooked Chinese style sweet and sour because all she every suggests is 'curry' when we ask what you could cook, so I decided she needed to step outside her norm, we really giggled, you can't beat good banter and I get that with Suman for sure.  I cooked something else which I'll blog on Sunday after I've cooked it in all my meetings, but if you fancy a fakeaway this weekend, this goes down well whenever it's made, they soon ate it up last night anyways, you could save even more points by serving it with cauliflower rice;  

Sweet and Sour Chicken, 7 Points

Serves, 4, Prep time:10 min, Cook time:17 min, Difficulty: Easy

A delicious and healthy version of this takeaway favourite.

5spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium Onion(s), peeled and sliced
160g Brown Rice, dry, long grain (15sp)
500g Chicken breast, skinless, raw (4 x 125g breasts) (5sp)
2 medium Carrots, raw, peeled and thinly sliced in sticks
225g Pineapple, can, chunks in natural juice
2 tablespoons Tomato Purèe (1 sp)
3 tablespoons Vinegar, All Types, malt
1 tablespoons Muscovado Sugar (4sp)
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce, dark (1sp)

Spray a frying pan with the low-fat cooking spray, add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes over a medium heat, until softened.

Meanwhile cook the rice according to pack instructions, drain and rinse in hot water.

Cut the chicken into bite size chunks and add to the pan.
Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until golden on all sides.

Add the carrots, pineapple and juice, tomato puree, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the chicken is tender. Serve immediately with the rice.

Right I've got a cooking demo or four to get ready to do today so I better move my backside, here's to a weight loss for me and anyone else getting weighed today. 

I'm doing this for me, I hope you've found your mantra, focus on the healthy and happy, it's worth it and you're beYOUtiful.

No comments: