Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 3 October 2016

Not quite dancing in the dark, but managed walking!



3rd October 2016
Don't just be good to others, be good to yourself too.


Yeah so it's 5.15 and I'm out walking, gonna get my half hour done out the way so I can get on with my day. I forgot my Fitbit yesterday but it's in my pocket this morning, I'm earning those FitPoints, I want a weight loss!  Stating Day 5, Week 1 and so far on track made it through the weekend, Tracktober I'm having ya!

I'm hoping I'll have the energy and enthusiasm I had yesterday after doing my walk early. When I got home I cleaned the kitchen, then mom and I went for a drive to Weston Park where we had a walk through the woods and round the lake, it was beautiful.  On way back we stopped for soil and plants which I planted up when we got home. So even without the morning walk showing on my Fitbit I still did over 10,000 steps. Chuffed with that. 

Day 4 food wise I enjoyed 3 good meals;


 using these whoopsie bargains;
 Even had a snack, had an apple at breakfast too #WWGoMe!



The hot and sweet slow cooked beef chilli curry was really good, I only used mild pepperdew and just the one red chilli and that was plenty heat for me. There's plenty left too so may freeze some and have a bit later on a sweet potato jacket that needs using up. (recipe here http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/i-can-do-this-12wksdiff-wwgome.html)

Walking and writing at the same time is a little tricky, I'm out of practice!  But that's ten minutes gone...

I'm definitely in the zone, how I got here I'm not 100% clear, there was a culmination of things I think but cutting my hours at work is most definitely a big factor. Work you're exhausted you done have any spare energy to want to do anything else that's going to take effort and/or willpower.  

I'm not looking forward over the next 12 weeks, I'm focusing on the 24 hours ahead of me, when I get back, I'm going to have me a good breakfast, then do a couple of hours work. Write me a shopping list whilst putting together a few meal ideas. This month is also going to be crocktober, I plan to use the slow cooker a lot, good nutritious food that makes the house smell amazing. 

Here's one my sister shared with me that's on my to cook list; 

Slow cooker chicken saag curry
Whole thing is 10sp

1 tbsp oil (4sp)
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp of lazy ginger (or 1 cm piece of real ginger grated)
0.5 to 1 tsp hot chilli powder
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp turmeric
Grinding of salt or more to your taste
1 tsp garam masala
1 small carton (500 g) passata
4 chopped chicken breasts (6sp) 
200 g spinach, chopped if you like (I leave mine whole)

Method:
1.    Brown onion, garlic and ginger in the oil.
2.    When browned, add the spices except the garam masala and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
3.    Add the passata.
4.    Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer. Add the garam masala.
5.    Add the spinach and let it wilt. Stir to mix it in once wilted.
6.    Pour the mixture into your slow cooker.
7.    Add the chopped chicken and combine with the sauce.
8.    Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
9.    Half an hour before the end, taste and add more garam masala if needed.
10. If you like, pull the chicken apart and stir into the sauce. This helps make the chicken go a bit further I find.
11. Serve with rice for extra Smart Points. 

Alternative method for when you are short on time:
1.    Add the onion, garlic, ginger and all the spices into the slow cooker pot.
2.    Add the passata and mix to combine.
3.    Add the chicken and mix it into the sauce.
4.    Place the spinach on top. Then follow from point 8 above.

So that's me for today, still got about 8 minutes left of my walk, not sure about walking in the dark, something spooked me at the top of the lane!  Anyway, it's all getting me off to a good start with my weight loss hopefully, not to mention my day ahead.

Here's to a marvellous Monday, make it matter!

Just got back, that wasn't the best idea, Alfie's barking like a mental dog, so everyone's awake now!  Not to worry, I'll just go once everyone's awake next time, there's always a way isn't there BeYOUtiful, you just have to seek it out.



No comments: