Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 7 October 2016

2.5lb lost, here's to week 2



7th October 2016
As we learn about each other, so we learn about ourselves.
Day 9 begins, that's the 2nd week underway, the first week gave me a weight loss of 2.5lb and if you're interested, these are the meals I ate,


I also drank ample wine to keep me satisfied, I walked for wine, the half hour a day worked in my favour where wine was concerned.

It just goes to show that weight loss success doesn't have to be all lettuce and crispbreads, it can be real meals that you enjoy eating and my have I enjoyed eating this week.

Now the first week was like the honeymoon period, I was all enthusiastic with something to prove, now I need to make this relationship last, I don't want it to be a quick fling, I want it to work, I'm aware it won't be easy every day, that there will be days when I find it difficult to fit a walk in or even to want to go for a walk, but I will do my best and when I can't or don't I'll let it go and move onto the next day's walking goal trying to maybe add ten minutes onto that one.

Food wise, I have absolutely loved taking the time to think about eating different foods, I really do enjoy spending time in the kitchen, not hours slaving over a hot stove but just half hour preparing food I know I'm really going to enjoy eating.  Yesterday one of my lovely members gave me some freshly grown green beans, so I came home and made Nyonya using one of my simply cook kits, that took half hour max, and for lunch we had meatballs in spicy tomato sauce and spaghetti.  I made the meatballs with 5% beef and I added the following spices;

1 teaspoon dried parsley
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme

They were really tasty.  I'm going to start using herbs and spices more, experimenting with them to find flavours I enjoy.  Get my cooking books out at the weekend to look for ideas, I do love a bit of Jamie and Nigella, but I may have a mooch with the hairy bikers!

Gonna write me a to eat list :) a list of meals I want to eat in the coming weeks, foods that I know I can look forward to and enjoy and will help me continue my 12 week challenge, ooo I've just realised I'm over a quarter way through the first 4 weeks which is the most important bit to me, it's where "I will notice the changes" and that's more important than anyone else noticing for me, because I want to continue feeling energetic, enthusiastic and not forgetting healthy and happy.  I have noticed a difference this past week, I've enjoyed my walk in the fresh air, I read and walk so I'm enjoying my book, taking time out for that is making me happy because I like to read.   I've really enjoyed my meals, the spinach pica pasta has to take the top spot this week, it was so much fun to make (I'm like a kid, like to play), it tasted great and everyone else who ate it complimented me on a delicious mood.  I've loved that me being on track and in the zone has encouraged others to get back on it, that means I'm motivating people which is my passion, I live to make others feel good about themselves, to love their lives and be happy - that makes me happy.

Yeah I am looking forward to doing it all over again this week, long may these glorious autumnal days continue because they make walking pleasurable too.  Hoping to take mom to watch the deer's rutting this weekend, that's earn me a few FitPoints. 

Here's to day 9 and completing it successfully, I'm going to get my walk in as early as I can, soon as moms sorted, or before if she don't show no signs of rising!

Happy Friday folks, focus on that healthy and happy BeYOUtiful #12wksdiff #WWGoMe!  You on it with me already, if not come on jump on board and start your day one. 

Yesterdays food in pictures;

6sp toasted ham, tomato & babybel light flatbread, apple and satsuma 
 11sp homemade meatballs and spaghetti with carrots thrown in to use em up & get one of my five a day
14sp nyonya curry, end of another good day  




No comments: