Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 21 October 2016

Another pound gone!



21st October 2016
Carve your successes in stone, write your failures in the sand.
I lost a pound yesterday at the scales so that's now 3.5lb in 3 weeks - I'm chuffed to bits, the weight loss is great especially as I'm still drinking my wine, which I'm walking for can I add, I'm eating 3 good meals a day and I feel good in myself.  My meals for this week are all here; https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154385667200862.1073741935.595730861&type=1&l=9daabd54b9

 This first four weeks was the most important to me, I needed to prove to myself I could survive the hormonal hell that is middle age and it looks like I have, this is the last week of the 4 weeks and this is actually the none crave, none full of rage week and to be fair the other 3 weeks weren't as bad as they usually are so maybe eating healthier and walking 30 minutes a day has helped with those symptoms - I haven't wanted to murder anyone this month, that's progress!

All is good in my world, except for the sore throat I woke up with, mmm that can do one, I haven't got time for poorly, it's all good as long as they don't get the white flecks all over them, then I'll have to go to docs for antibiotics because he shouted at me last time for leaving it too long, told me I could've ended up in hospital - oops!

Well I'm really enjoying the cooking demo in my meeting this week, I love it when members try something they wouldn't normally eat and like it, especially when I get phone calls asking where in the shop they'll find a certain ingredient, because it means they've left the meeting learning a new recipe and are giving it a go, we're all there because we love eating after all.

I was reminded of an old favourite yesterday by my lovely helper Sharon, she has a far greater memory than I do, I'll definitely be making this in the not too distant future;

Chicken & Bacon Casserole serves 4, 14sp each

calorie controlled cooking spray (for F&H use your daily allowance of oil) 
4 skinless chicken legs (28sp)
1 large onion, chopped                                                    
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
4 rashers Weight Watchers Extra Trimmed unsmoked back bacon, chopped (2sp)
                (use bacon medallions for No Count meal)
250 g (9oz) carrots, peeled and chopped
300 g (10½ oz) parsnips, chopped (8sp)
150 g (5½oz) dried brown rice (14sp)
500 ml (18 fl oz) chicken stock (make using 3 oxo cubes) (2sp)
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Put oven on gas mark 4ish
Spray a lidded ovenproof casserole dish with the cooking spray and place over a high heat. Season the chicken legs, add to the dish and fry for 5 minutes, turning, until browned. You may need to do this in batches. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Spray the dish again with the cooking spray, add the onion, rosemary and bacon and fry for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Return the chicken to the dish with the carrots, parsnips, rice and stock. Cover and pop in ovne until the chicken is cooked through and the rice and vegetables are tender. Divide between four warmed plates, and serve.  Freezes well too.

My other favourite that's been bought up this week and added to my 'to eat' list is 40 cloves of garlic chicken,

Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic Serves 4, 13sp each

2 tbsp regular olive oil  (9sp)                                       
8 chicken thighs (skin on, bone in) (42sp)
1 bunch (about 6) spring onions                               
small bunch fresh thyme
40 garlic cloves (approx 3-4 bulbs), unpeeled        
2 tbsp vermouth or dry white wine (1sp)
1½ tsp sea salt flakes or ¾ tsp pouring salt             
Ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.  Heat the oil on the hob over a high heat in a wide, shallow, ovenproof and flameproof casserole (that will ultimately fit all the chicken in one layer, and that has a lid). Sear the chicken, skin-side down. This may take two batches, so transfer the browned pieces to a bowl as you go. Once the chicken pieces are seared, transfer them all to the bowl.

Finely slice the spring onions, put them into the casserole and quickly stir-fry them with the leaves torn from a few sprigs of thyme.  Put 20 of the unpeeled cloves of garlic (papery excess removed) into the casserole, top with the chicken pieces, skin-side up, then cover with the remaining 20 cloves of garlic.

Add the vermouth (or white wine) to any oily chicken juices left in the bowl. Swill it around and pour this into the casserole.  Sprinkle with the salt, grind over the pepper, and add a few more sprigs of thyme. Put on the lid and cook in the oven for 1½ hours.

Mmm, I love this recipe a lot!

I'm going to take it slowly this morning to conserve my energy for tonight and tomorrow mornings meeting, 2 more cooking demo's left to do, 8 done, I thought I'd be sick of the taste of it by now but I'm not, it's going to be a new regular on my menu, I'll post the recipe Sunday.

Here's to a fabulous Friday, not sure what's on my menu today, I haven't thought about it yet, I do know it'll be healthy and within my allowance though because - yes - I'm on track, I'm liking the way I'm feeling and want it to continue because...

I'm doing this for me!

Healthy and happy BeYOUtiful, don't forget you matter too. xx

No comments: