Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 22 October 2016

Cracking lasagne recipe...



22nd October 2016
Never mind the might's, just concentrate on what you're doing.

Well let's just say the first thing I've done this morning is made a cup of hot tea and took painkillers, I'm glad I've only got one meeting then the weekend to recover, I'm sure my lovelies will lift me this morning and fuel me with positive energy and love as they did last night, I need to find the Night Nurse or buy a bottle today.

We were talking food again last night and this delicious dish was bought up, another oldie but goodie from my recipe vault!  I think I need to go through my old recipe files and see what other wonders I can dig out.  I'm quite excited for the new one pot recipe book arriving next week though, I love that kind of food at this time of year.

Cheese & Bacon Lasagne, Serves 6 - 13sp each Prep: 35m, cook: 40m.

This freezable, family-friendly recipe is economical and has a wonderful comfort-food feel about it and recipe can easily be doubled.

3 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
3 tbsp olive oil (14sp)
1 tsp dried oregano
300g lean smoked back bacon, chopped (11sp) (check packet for nutritional info as they vary)
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes in rich juice
20 basil leaves, roughly torn, plus extra to serve if you like
250g pack fresh egg lasagne (check pack for cooking instructions) (12sp)
For sauce
600ml skimmed milk (8sp)
50g each butter (18sp) or low fat spread (7sp) and plain flour (5sp)
generous grating fresh nutmeg
50g grated Parmesan (7sp)

Fry the onions in the oil for about 15 mins until golden. Add the oregano and bacon and fry for 5 mins more, stirring frequently. Tip in the tomatoes, season and bubble uncovered for 5 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. PTO
Meanwhile, make the white sauce. Pour the milk into a pan and tip in the butter and flour. Whisk continuously over a moderate heat to incorporate the flour, then simmer, stirring until thickened. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.

Spoon a third of the tomato sauce on the base of a lasagne dish. Top with a third of the lasagne sheets. Then top with a third sauce, a third lasagne, the last of the tomato sauce and finally the last sheets of lasagne. Pour over the white sauce and scatter with the cheese and an extra grating of nutmeg. Chill. If eating straight away, bake at 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 40 mins until golden and bubbling. Scatter with basil, if you like, and serve with a salad and garlic bread.
To freeze, cool completely, then wrap in cling film, then foil. Will store for 3 months. To serve, thaw for 6 hrs in a cool place. Unwrap and bake at 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 50-60 mins until thoroughly heated through

At least feeling rough meant I stayed on track easy peasy yesterday, I had jam on toast around 10ish, then a bowl of chicken soup and a slice of bread when i got home before going to bed at 8pm.

Here's to a speedy recovery, stay on track you lot!  This is the time of year when people start to struggle and think, "I can't do this" so they stop coming then I see them January/February time wishing they'd stuck it out because they've gained a stone or more! Don't be one of those people. It's better to struggle than to stop https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v5/f75/1/16/1f618.png tell my in the comments WHY you're not going to stop.... Give me something to read over the weekend whilst I'm getting better :)

1 comment:

Pippa halliwell said...

I am not stopping as just got back on track

Even if I can lose a stone by christmas it means if I gain I will be lighter still in Jan than I am now

Plus I have an amazing leader who supports me 100% and I owe it to her as well as myself to do this

Hope you feel better soon xx