Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 14 October 2016

Making a planner...



14th October 2016
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. A.A. Milne


Morning, had me a lie in, I love that my lie ins are till 6am!   Just made us both a cuppa before starting my blog, it's usually the other way round, but hey I know how to live on the edge!  Had a flick through my timehop and found the quote above which I love, let's be honest Pooh has all the answers and he's right here isn't he, eating is awesome but the anticipation of what you're about to eat is also good.  Same with opening presents I think, there's nothing more exciting than an unopened gift box.

How come then, we aren't so struck by the idea of planning our eating, I've just realised by planning you're eating the food already in your head before you actually get to eat it!  This may be my new favourite hobby, I like the idea of really thinking about what I haven't eaten for a while, how I can fit it into my planner, I know for sure, corned beef hash is on my 'To Eat' list already, as was Liver Bhuna last week, I'm finally making it today, I've been assured it's to die for so here's the recipe;

SERVES 4-6

Serving 4 = 4sp portion
Serving 6 = 3sp
Perfect for freezing tastes even better

900g chicken livers, rinsed, drained and cut into cubes 11sp
2 onions, thinly sliced
4 whole dried red chillies or use fresh
1 handful fresh coriander leaves
4 cloves garlic crushed
1 (2.5cm) piece fresh ginger root, finely chopped
4-6 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoons oil 5sp
1/2 teaspoon crushed chillies
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon salt

In a bowl, mix together chicken livers with crushed chillies, cumin, chilli powder, coriander, turmeric, curry powder and salt.

Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add liver and saute until half cooked.

Add onion, then add garlic and ginger. Fry for another minute, then add whole red chillies or fresh chillies and tomato. Season with salt, if desired, reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered for 20 minutes.

You want most of the moisture to evaporate as this is a dry dish. When livers are cooked through and the pan is almost dry, add coriander leaves and serve.

So yeah I think today, I will sit and plan my tracker in advance, I've already had my breakfast, just used up 3 Weight Watcher sausages that were use-by yesterday so if there isn't a blog tomorrow you'll know why! 
8sp of won't need to eat for a good while!
 
Here's to making it through the day, I didn't do my walk yesterday 5 meetings and rain all day got in the way so I'm going to do 45-60 minutes today, take my audio book with me and have a good stomp whatever the weather as I'll have time for a shower when I get back. 

Can't believe it's day 16 of my 12 week challenge, only 68 to go, my tweak this week is to continue the walking and look at planning some meals, what's your tweak?

Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, focus on the healthy & happy and move a little.

No comments: