Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 14 October 2019

The greatest gift you can give someone is your time.

Monday 14th October 2019
Whatever you are not changing, you are choosing (read that again!)



Moms had a bad night, poor love and there's not a lot I can do other than sit with her and try to calm her, I know she'll probably fall asleep in a little bit and sleep some of the day away.  I also know the advice is to try and keep them awake in the daytime so they sleep at night but I don't think that'll guarantee she will! Plus she's better when she sleeps whatever time of the day.  We'd had a good day overall too.

It's Monday morning again, can you believe it, how quickly these weeks roll around, I'm sat here wasting time on the internet, but then it isn't wasted time if it's time I enjoy wasting.  I couldn't start the crochet project I'd planned on starting yesterday as I didn't have a small enough hook, so instead I decided to start it with double knit yarn so I could get used to the stitch, I love it but it's going to be a lot larger than needed, but hey there's no rules, it can be folded in half for added warmth lol.

Now I need to get back to paying attention to my healthy eating, I've not been overeating but not been tracking this last week, yesterday for example I had scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast, then later in the day I had cheesy mash with ketchup and that was my lot all day!  That is not a healthy balanced diet, so today will include some veggies for a start, maybe a banana, whatever I have, I'll be pointing and tracking it.  The good news is I've not gained any weight the last few weeks, I've got maintenance sussed.

I'm also still drinking plenty of water, thanks to my new Wellness Wins beakers, I love them, plus the hold well over a pint of water at a time, I've already drunk one this morning and I keep it on the side of my bed in case I wake up thirsty in the night.  It's all about those subtle habit changes.  We can all do big grand gestures for short periods, I actually get concerned with myself if I get too obsessed over it all, because I know that never ends well, it's not sustainable for me.

One thing I am struggling with is my FitPoints, I've not been walking with my brother for weeks because of the weather and also mom, then we've had that much rain, Alfie doesn't want to walk far, so yesterday I only did 5,000 steps, were usually it's 4 times that.  My ankle still isn't right either, the doctor wasn't much interested, she wobbled it about and said words to the effect of, 'yeah it's either muscular or arthritic, painkillers and don't stop moving'.  Thanks for that!

We had a day watching Adam Sandler films, if you haven't seen Click, it's a really good reminder that it's the actual day to day crap that makes life worth living.  Yeah time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters doesn't it and all we really have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.  At this moment I'm happy to spend as much of my time as possible keeping my mom company and making her feel safe.

Today find the time, take the time, make the time to do something for yourself, but also to smile at others, to speak kind words, to be the person you'd like to bump into.

Here's a nice quote to end on,

Time is free, but it's priceless
You can't own it, but you can use it.
You can't keep it, but you can spend it.
Once you've lost it, you can never get it back.

What did you do with your time this weekend, how do you plan to spend it this week?

I'm off to use some of my time working out what I plan to eat today ;)

Mwah, luv ya

Love me



No comments: