Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 18 October 2019

Fri-YAY!

Friday 18th October 2019
Happiness is not a goal, it's a by product of a life well lived. 


Another night of sleep - yay, I can't believe how good I feel when I sleep compared to when I don't, it's a scary difference.  

Yesterday started with baking before I left for work, that's how much of a difference it made, and to be honest, these took all of minutes to get in the oven, but had I been tired, I wouldn't have even contemplated trying!  

I'm trying to eat more fruit and veggies this week so with these, I used 3 sachets WW porridge, 2 mashed up bananas, 3 whisked eggs & 1/2 can apple slices diced, mixed it all together then popped in the oven on 180 degrees or gas mark 4 for 25 mins - it made 15 muffins at 1SP each and I enjoyed 5 on the way to work in the car, still warm, nom nom.  They weren't very sweet which is how I like them, but you could add some artificial sweetener, or maybe some skinny syrup for even more flavouring if you have, they usually sell it cheap in TK Maxx.  


or even this stuff, just make sure you get the no added sugar version.  Crusha Milkshake Mix it's about £2 a bottle.   They have it in Asda and Sainsbury's probably other shops too.


I added to my fruit and veg list for the week yesterday, even though I mainly ate leftover chicken casserole. 

already had; 
cabbage
potatoes (don't count towards 5 a day though)
banana
carrots
onions
spring onions
mushrooms
plum tomatoes (yellow and red)

added
apple
green beans 


So not great but it was something, of course I had the carrots and onions from the day before again too. 

I've got a celeriac to try too, I've been told it's nice as chips, I'm not sure but I'll try, I don't like the taste of aniseed but who knows, my taste buds may have changed. 

The BBC says 'The unsung hero of the vegetable world, knobbly, odd-shaped celeriac has a subtle, celery-like flavour, with nutty overtones. Try it as mash, in big-flavoured, slow-cook dishes, or in its classic form, and as they do in France, as a remoulade.'

I've got butternut squash to eat too, I've already peeled and chopped it, maybe I'll do a mix of chips from both veg and have it with eggs and fish in batter that I have in the freezer, nom nom.  That's dinner sorted, simples. 

I'm looking forward to my day off, in between crochet projects, looking for a pattern I really want to make and not finding 'the one', lots of options but...  I remember the days I'd be having that dilemma about finding an outfit to go out on the town, lol, not that I mind, I quite like the fact I'm looking forward to a massage, followed by chilling with my hook and a good movie, I want to watch Dunkirk today, I've also downloaded the very first episode of Downton Abbey, thought if mom and I enjoyed it, we'd have lots of box sets to work through. 

Friday is my 3rd favourite F Word, my first if Food, you can guess my second, Abso-Friday-Lutely! Here's to the weekend, stay focused and extra sparkly!  Mwah, 

Luv ya, 


Love me xx 

No comments: